• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Anyone interested in helping me with labor on 6.5 powertrain swap?

WarWagon

Well it hits on 7 of 8...
Reaction score
Can't afford shop labor to do this, but, not 100% broke -yet. Maybe we can work something out.

Have a shop borrowed and my replacement engine/trans/transfer case on a pallet from my wrecked truck. Has a resealed transfer case and rebuilt low mile transmission. Bolted to the 6.2 engine with very low blow by, low mile injectors and a good IP.

Current engine has bad blowby and a near dead IP. Advance piston stuck... Transmission /transfer case seal leaking but both are good. By bad blowby I mean a road draft tube makes the truck look like it is on fire! :sifone:

Will need to transfer intake manifold, fuel manager, water pump backing plate and converter rock guard..

Rest should be in and out.

If you pay for airfare, hotel(4 start or better) some female entertainment for the evenings off duty and transportation on the weekend to the border with some firearms and ammo...I'M IN !!!! :rofl:

I wish we weren't so far apart. I have lots of time on my hands now and would like to learn more about the 6.5 from one who is more in the know than me.

Don

If I still lived in LA then might have been able to make a weekend out of it, but now I live 3 more hours from there. There are far less guys out in the West here on the board

94blazer and I hope to have her smoking again today after the transplant...

Took today off after the near miss with the defective R134a can. Still have starter, a fender, and drive shafts to put in.
1993pu2.jpg
1993pu3.jpg

Last edited:
Last night was rather anti-climactic. I want sound clips posted of it running when the lift pump gets in!

So its all together, and the LP is making somewhere between 0 and 1 psi at the fuel drain. Someones been running too much Bio in a stock LP methinks :nonod:

Nice cable come-along/load leveler...

Got it running!

Then shifted gears to a whole lot of no movement.

Turns out the converter will drain some if left to sit a couple months.
Had to add a total of 2 gal, 2 quarts trans fluid after the pan drop and filter change. That took an hour and a run to Circle K at 11PM. Took that long for the converter to fill every time we got it to the mark it would go back down going around the block.

Back