• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Anyone ever run glow shift gauges?

purecountry

Reaction score
I am looking at buying some gauges for the chevy before i start throwing a turbo on the 6.2 this summer. Has anyone ever ran glowshift gauges and how did they work for you? I dont have a ton to spend on gauges since the turbo, and everything else done right is going to cost some money.

I am looking at these 2 styles

led
EGT.jpg

or the maxtow

\
12_GS_MaxTow_Gauge_1500_Pyrometer_Main.jpg

or the 3n1
11_3G05_Main.jpg

Absolutely stay AWAY from the maxtow series. On their dim setting, they are bright in sunlight. Unbearable at nite. There is no way to dim them due to their design, and glowshift says they are working on a new series to replace them because everyone is griping they are too brite.
Otherwise, I've used their other gauges. Never last more than a year, but their warranty always covers them...

Forget about seeing the thinks!!!! The sending units go out all the time, get a good sending unit n the gauge shorts out!!! Simple answer.....STAY AWAY!!!!!

I'm running a Glow Shift pryometer with the white face. Never had any problems with it,and can see it in the daylight,unlike the tinted ones.

I have them. The fuel pressure sending unit is the only one that I am having real problems with. It is unreliable. Already replaced once. Boost, pyro, and trans temp is fine.

I have Glowshift gauges. DON"T waste your money. I have the boost and EGT in a Glowshift mechanical version and they have never given me any trouble. BUT, I have fuel pressure, coolant temp, and tranny temp, and all have given me problems. I've replaced the sender twice on the fuel pressure, and it's gone bad again. The coolant temp gauge needle started banging from low pin to high pin. So I disconnected it from the sender thinking the sender was going bad, but it continued doing the same thing. The tranny temp started doing the same, so I just let it go. I'm tired of them being recurring problems.

I was in the same position as you, lack of money. Well, I just wasted what money I had, so when I can afford to they'll be replaced with probably autometer.

Don

if you want "better" gauges go with auto-meter, if you want "best" go isspro they install really easy and they look good i put them in my truck and have seen them in alot of diesel race trucks. you may spend a little more but you get what you pay for

The coolant temp gauge needle started banging from low pin to high pin. So I disconnected it from the sender thinking the sender was going bad, but it continued doing the same thing. The tranny temp started doing the same, so I just let it go. I'm tired of them being recurring problems.
Don

X2 on this same problem with the banging from pin to pin with water temp and pyro. Boost works fine, but am planning on getting rid of all three. Strangely, they both quit at the same time.

I just ordered and received a 3 gauge A pilar pod from Glowshift. The box arrived broken in half and the pod was cracked. They are processing a claim against the shipper (USPS) for me. The box was long and nothing in it to strengthen or stiffen it other than the pod. Needless to say, I was not impressed.

Back