• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Another tailgater

Good Job Bud:D, show them friggen tailgaters !!! I do almost every day because there is always some one riding my ass. Why do people think they can move a 7000 lb truck? i have a big hitch back there too. But Man im tellin ya a STACK is the way to go!! It makes roalin the coal Sooo much better, DIRECT HIT!!!

I dunno, Tim. There is a certain amount of satisfaction in blowing smoke into the driver's side window of a ricer and watching it come out of the sunroof and the passenger side window. :D

My dually sits tail high like most of them but with air bags it is a tad higher. Any car or small SUV is going to go under me. I have a 6" drop hitch with the ball that stays in a good part of the time. I also leave my big hitch for my travel trailer in sometime. Either one will take a lot of impact. Remember that it is plastic and aluminum impacting steel rated the several thousand pounds and the hitch is in a platform attached directly to the frame.

I don't want one of the jerks to hit me but in case they do I likely will get by with no or very minimal damage that has to be paid for by their insurance (if they have any).

I dunno, Tim. There is a certain amount of satisfaction in blowing smoke into the driver's side window of a ricer and watching it come out of the sunroof and the passenger side window. :D

:D.....

You've got to get a vid or pic of that sometime. The whole smoke thing didn't appeal to me until I realized it can be used as a weapon....

Too bad the smoke isnt as great with this ULSD, Sometimes i get lucky and get a good batch of fuel, and can turn day to night....:sifone:

Just let off the gas and drop it into 2 or 1. The unsuspecting tailgater will be left wondering what just happened as they swerve for a ditch or guardrail.

I've been known to block out the sun once or twice myself!:D
WTF is it with Minivan drivers in general?:eek:ut:

I hate the tail gators my self and some 18 wheelers are bad about it, I stay in the slow lane doing 65 mph....all ways someone who thinks it is the fast lane...I think I will get Nick to send me the switch for my EFI Live....

I'm going to check resistance values and see if I can make my own. I have mine sitting in my lap right now...

I hate the tail gators my self and some 18 wheelers are bad about it, I stay in the slow lane doing 65 mph....all ways someone who thinks it is the fast lane...I think I will get Nick to send me the switch for my EFI Live....

when th left lane is doing 55mph and not move over to the right. i will pass them on the right.

most states it si a ticketable ofense to constantly run the left lane

anothering i hate is people NOT maintianing speed up a grade or down a grade.:incazzato: :incazzato:

when th left lane is doing 55mph and not move over to the right. i will pass them on the right.

anothering i hate is people NOT maintianing speed up a grade or down a grade.:incazzato: :incazzato:

Sorry, you must've found me in my 1/2 ton w/ a trailer, its quite noticeable, it has JD dealership decals running full length, the slow speed up grades is quite noticeable too:mad2::eek:, i create convoys going uphill on two lane roads:D. you must drive around Kansas then! :D

The poor 4.3L has little power when trailering!:D manual and two wheel drive allows what little power there is to actually make it to the rear wheels, which makes it half bearable.

Last edited:
Sorry, you must've found me in my 1/2 ton w/ a trailer, its quite noticeable, it has JD dealership decals running full length, the slow speed up grades is quite noticeable too:mad2::eek:, i create convoys going uphill on two lane roads:D. you must drive around Kansas then! :D

The poor 4.3L has little power when trailering!:D manual and two wheel drive allows what little power there is to actually make it to the rear wheels, which makes it half bearable.

ok pulling load up or down a grade is one thing. and should be done in the right lanes i have no quams with that :thumbsup:

a minivan full of kid has enough power to maintian 65mph up a 7% grade
most grades are 3-4 lane wide given location.. and hte BMW 5,6,7 series vetts,, muscle cars can maintian speed going up or 55mph down the grade the got to hit the bakes and go 35-40mph down the hil

talking from cruiseing 75-80mph on flat ground to 40-55mph up the dam grade :incazzato:

ok pulling load up or down a grade is one thing. and should be done in the right lanes i have no quams with that :thumbsup:

a minivan full of kid has enough power to maintian 65mph up a 7% grade
most grades are 3-4 lane wide given location.. and hte BMW 5,6,7 series vetts,, muscle cars can maintian speed going up or 55mph down the grade the got to hit the bakes and go 35-40mph down the hil

talking from cruiseing 75-80mph on flat ground to 40-55mph up the dam grade :incazzato:

OK, thanks! whenever a trailer is on, my truck is unofficially banned from all left lanes!:lol:

I'm sure it has been said earlier, but those parents must really hate their kids, why else would they drive so recklessly? i've really had to nail it empty in my little 4.3L cause some minivan would't move to the next lane, cruise is on, and by god they are not gonna shut it off for anyone! (and god forbid moving over to the other lane! I-70 around here seems to be the emptiest interstate i've seen, so there is no excuse!)

I know it is a ticketable offense in Europe on the Autoban. Over there the left lane is strictly for passing. I never heard of it over here in the states, but if it is, thats a good thing.

I know it is a ticketable offense in Europe on the Autoban. Over there the left lane is strictly for passing. I never heard of it over here in the states, but if it is, thats a good thing.

to my knowledge , it is a ticketable offense here in the US but as far as how often....... i personally have never seen or heard of anyone getting nailed for this as much as i'd love to see it.

i start driving like a ****tard when i get stuck behind those people. shoulders become open terrritory, smoke becomes a must and dirty looks abound.

Back