• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Another 5.slow Mustang goes down.

12ga diesel

Jack of all, Master of none
Reaction score
Coming home from a night out with the wife and no kids, get to a stop light, I'm in the right lane, and in the left lane pulls up a early 90's Mustang pulls up. I hear the exhaust and he's got a couple gauges inside as well. Along with a good set of rubber. I look over at him, and he looks back, giving me this "you're kidding right" look, so I'm guessing he hasn't ran a diesel before and figures he'll get me with no problem.:hand: There was a turn arrow so we could time the light. I got the turbo loaded up, but he got me off the line by about 2 car lengths. Then second gear kicked in, along with some more smoke and goodbye Mustang. Kept the throttle in about 3/4 of the way incase I needed a little more kick. By 3rd, he was at my rear wheel, and the best part was it only stayed 2 lanes for about an 1/8 of a mile then went down to 1 lane. I was in the lane that had to merge. With the windows down, I hear him trying his hardest to get everything out of his car. So to put him far enough behind me to make the merge, I put the pedel down the other 1/4 of the way, all the way to the floor, and made it past him by a solid 2 truck lengths.

We got to then next red light, and with him behind me I see him give me the bird so I thought it was only needed to give him a nice bath of black smoke when I took off the line and he made sure to give me the finger one more time when he got in the next left hand turn lane. Guess he'll have second thoughts on trying his luck with a Dmax.:lol:

Great kill out of Mc Henry. I grew up there on 615 S. McHenry Ave. Right on the Fox river at the time but I think now there is houses across the street, when back then it was just an open field. Great place to grow up and I still have my Dads '79 Mark Twian boat that we went out on the river almost every day.

Back