• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Aluminized Vs. Stainless

basically the aluminized would rust and the SS should not. MBRP has had 2 diferent grades of SS one better than the other as far as rust resistance.

In my opinion the lower grade (409 SS) isn't worth the money. If you are going to get stainless go with the 304.

Thanks for the info, I have had the aluminized on for 6-8 months and haven't noticed anything wrong thus far. I wasn't that familiar with the different exhaust when I purchased it. Now that I find out more I am thinking I should have shopped around a bit more.

I have Aluminumized MBRP, been on for 2 1/2 years it still looks ok, not rusty yet.

if you drive regularly and dont always leave it parked for long lenghts of time over grass or dirt, you should get plenty of time out of it.

In my opinion the lower grade (409 SS) isn't worth the money. If you are going to get stainless go with the 304.

I completly agree, I got have 409 stainless & its completely rusted after only a couple years, I should have saved some money & bought the aluminized

Back