• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

alldatadiy dot com renew? or other Mitchell ??

schiker

Reaction score
OK time for me to renew or pick another service. alldata is approx $16 for a year $29 for 5 years.

I have the GM books by HELM but they are cumbersome to use at times and I don't like the index.

I have used alldatadiy.com and its ok. What are others opinions any better ones. I am looking for bumper to bumper coverage comparable to the GM books but better organized and better graphics etc if possible. I am not a big fan of Haynes manuals.

I had a friend buy me a gm Techline disc off of craigslist. It is supposed to be all the factory service manuals from 84-2005. The bad part is he lost the instructions on how to get it to work. It is supposed to be what the stealer mechanics use.
I agree,finding things in the factory manuals is a pia.

I had a friend buy me a gm Techline disc off of craigslist. It is supposed to be all the factory service manuals from 84-2005. The bad part is he lost the instructions on how to get it to work. It is supposed to be what the stealer mechanics use.
I agree,finding things in the factory manuals is a pia.

Let me know if you get that working I have the same thing I believe and can't get it to work.

I would stick with ALLDATAdiy, they get their information directly from GM. Takes out those variables of Internet Information.

I have the Gm Techline disc too. No complaints.

Ak Diesel, what's wrong with your copy? Did you use that install guide that I sent you way back?

Was it seperate from the disc you sent me? I couldn't get it to load on my pc or laptop. A friend of mine helped me and suggested I watch the vidoe that was on the disc but I haven't got around to it yet.

I didn't know there was a video.):h
I emailed you a link (nearly a year ago, I suppose). It was to the instructions on how to install the program. You said you saved the instructions to your computer, since I didn't know how long they'd be available online.

Do you mean an internet search, or searching your computer files.
I doubt the original instructions are still online. It was a Mediafire file that the guy I got the disc from wrote as a guide to help install it.
If you don't have it, I'll see if I can get the instructions from him again.

Back