• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Alabama

mpljc

Reaction score
Hello all from the great state of Alabama!

I'm below Birmingham a little ways.

I have had my truck for 8 years now. I have not had any major repairs that have come out of my pocket.

Like my signature says - I had the injectors replaced in February 2009 on GM's dime. So far, this is the only major thing done to the truck.

I would learn to love how to do more of my own repairs; mainly be able to test and replace injectors. I've seen and read the DIY's on them but not sure if I have the spirit of adventure for this job. Hopefully with the new injectors with the latest revisions - I won't have to worry about it anymore - I hope!

I need to save up money for something like EFI Live so I can at least do diagnostic tests, etc

I use the truck as a daily driver. It is fitted for one day to get a 5th wheel.

Looking forward to getting to know this site. So far, I really like it.

Having both grandfathers and a host of great uncles in WWII, father-in-law in Vietnam - I want to say:

THANK YOU ALL WHO ARE IN THE MILITARY!!

Thank you for the life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness you afford to all of us!! You cannot possibly be thanked enough!!

:patriot:

Welcome to the Truck Stop, I travel alot and I go to Alabama several times a year. Just got back from Alabaster last month.

Nick, Mike, Tim

Thanks for the welcome!

Tim - Alabaster is not far from me. You must go through Opelika to B-ham via HWY 280. I am in the Childersburg/Sylacauga area.

I am originally from northwest Alabama - Florence and Muscle Shoals area.

Welcome. I know a little bit about your area. I have relatives down in Childersburg and about 18 or more relatives around Leeds, Moody and Birmingham.

Welcome. I know a little bit about your area. I have relatives down in Childersburg and about 18 or more relatives around Leeds, Moody and Birmingham.

Who are your relatives? My wife is from Childersburg originally.

Thank you Robert.

How far is Easton, MA from Wakefield? Just curious. I performed a network install for a company in Wakefield area several years ago. I hope to get back up to the New England area again sometime as a vacation. Beautiful area up there! I would like to go all the way up the Easter coast with the wife and kids one day.

Thanks Jeff!

By the way, I checked your album out on your truck. I noticed you are tracking your fuel mileage - getting around 14/15/16 MPG on your truck. What kind of driving conditions are you driving getting those MPG? Long or short trips? Empty or hauling/towing?

I'm averaging about 16 MPG during the winter this year on short commutes to work (18 miles one way) Mix highway and city - mostly highway but get caught by a handful of traffic lights on the 4-lane. I'm curious to see what I get as it turns warmer - I hope to pick up a 2/3 MPG.

Back