• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Aftermarket in-dash navagation

Will

Boobies make me happy
Reaction score
So what can everyone tell me about these? I've been kicking around getting one to put in place of my stock head unit. What should I look for, any recommendations? Basically teach me about these.

Last edited:
I am looking for one to but in my truck I will need to go with one of those that fold's up into the dash. My buddy has one really nice big screen prob. about 4-5 in. sq. Go with one that fit's your budget and that you like.

just look on ebay for a factory one ,there plug and play and you don't have to cut up wiring

I would but I don't have the Bose system and I think(scary I know) you have to have that but I could be way off.

I've heard good things about the Pioneers as well.

If I didn't have OnStar, Bose or the steering wheel controls, I would definitely go with the Kenwood. I went with the Non-Lux GM radio because I had all of the above and went with the non-lux unit so I can have the flexibility of aftermarket amps if needed.

Where has everyone found the best prices for a unit? I was looking at the Pioneer F90BT but after doing some reading on avic411.com I got scared off of it with all the problems it has. Next I've looked at the Kenwood DNX5120. I just wish the price on it was a little less. It's about 100 bucks more then the Pioneer.

I have found a site call refurbdepot.com that sells the Kenwood for 549 bucks. It only comes with a 90 day warranty though. Have either of you delt with refurb units? The cheapest new that I have found comes from 6ave.com and its 598.

my roommate has the pioneer but if you had any way to do it i'd drop the extra cash for the factory one.
FWIW IMO he had a fold out one first, it was an absolute pile. If you hit any bumps or anything with it I'd say it's not a good idea. He's got a double din now. Screen is smaller, but way more solid and the controls are way better.

Their is a guy on ebay that has the factory units for sale. He fully explains everything on how to install them and if they will work with your truck. I will see if I can find him and post a link. He has been selling them for a couple of years. I have been eye balling them for the wives Tahoe.

Here is a link to a nicely priced nav radio;

http://cgi.ebay.com/2003-06-GMC-YUK...1|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318|301:1|293:1|294:50

Here is a link to his store;

http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/oem-gm-radios

Thanks for the link but he says that I have to have Bose for it to work and my truck doesn't have it.

Thanks for the link but he says that I have to have Bose for it to work and my truck doesn't have it.

Oh! Wish I had more information to help you out. If I had the money I would go with the kenwood one. If you go to Crutchfield you could read the reviews on all the different style units of what you are looking for.

Find one out of a non Bose trailblazer or buick rainer they are plug and play. My truck had bose so it was easy to find a unit but the other one are out there.

Back