• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Adding clear fuel lines for air in fuel line tests.

1000 psi! Didn’t know.So if I have a leak I won’t see diesel dripping I will simply have air getting sucked in at the leak instead.? Definitely cutting open the old return line to see if anything in inside.

Curious question. Will a Tech2 computer reader give me a code for a fuel line leak?

If no bubble appear at clear return line should I still inspect my whole fuel line from tank to engine? If so I’m gonna need to find a diagram that shows me every where this line goes, and inspect. Or try to follow it by eye.

The high psi is after the injection pump to the injectors.
Everywhere else is under 15psi.

Our Alaskan friend is right- still awaiting for you to try a spare pmd.
The only test for a pmd according to GM is “replace with known good”

Buy a pmd kit from leroy- mount the heatsink where it gets airflow but is away from the heat of the engine. Use the thermal contact pad when mounting the pmd to it. Install the extension cable as to not be damaged.

Could be that IP OS filter, you don't need it.
Do you know if you have an OBD1 or OBD2 system?
Do you know where the PCM (computer) is?
Should be inside the cab.
Does it have PINK & BLUE or BROWN & BLUE connectors?
The first time somebody told me "it's probably your radio frequency filter" I didn't know what they were talking about.
I asked if they sold those by the muffler bearings.

I concur. If the Optic Sensor harness is there, it should be removed and pitched before anything else.

It's not necessary. Just run the plug directly to the IP / Injection Pump

Back