• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

ABS cycling

So the guy texted me back tonite. Said the sensor in front of the master cylinder is bad. Offered it to me for $7k. I texted him back that it was the main ABS unit .

So I got a text Sunday afternoon from the guy asking if I was still interested at my offer price. Talked to him this evening and assuming his wife is OK with it I'll give him a deposit and then buy it after the first of the year. Ill get more of a tax deduction if its on next years taxes.

Even with the ABS disabled: what is locking up the rears in the first place? This is the problem that needs to be solved. Leave the "symptom" of ABS out of it, because ABS only works when things start to lock up. Proportioning valve is stuck, front calipers are seized, bad/oiled front pads oil on shoes, bad master cyl...

It's possible some of the tone rings are broken and missing causing ABS to kick on during a normal stop as it thinks wheels are locking up all of a sudden. But the ABS would be releasing the brakes not locking things up.

so I picked up the truck today. checked codes and there is only historical codes co235 and co226. the ABS was hooked up and working but it didn't seem to have the same issue anymore. The rear brakes are still grabby but not real bad, the passenger side will lock up first on the rear. any thoughts?

Triple check your e-brake cables to make sure they are free and not energizing the shoes At All. Check for hub and wheel cylinder leaks.

Pull the rear drums for a look. Maybe oil on the shoes? Next check the front for sticking calipers. Then proportioning valve and possibly master cylinder. Again something is locking up the rear and it may not be related to stuff under the drums. Could be bad hoses that plug internally.

co235 - rear speed sensor. May be shared.
co226 left front wheel speed sensor not having a signal

Back