• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

a/t tires...

FactoryMX

Mile High
Reaction score
lets make this the a/t tire thread what experience you have had with different types of tires. how they handle, ride, traction, wear etc...

when i ran my yokohama a/t-s they rode really nice not too aggressive and had real good traction on road, but in snow and ice they did not perform where it was needed they wore really good and got about 45k out of mine. i would recommend these tires to people who do alot of highway driving with the occasional off-road driving.

my experience with bridgestone duelers a/t revos is they have REALLY good traction on road, off road, snow, wet etc... but they felt really squirmy kinda a mushy feeling when taking sharp turns. and they did not wear good imo i got about 25k out of them.

GoodYear wrangler silent armors is what i am currently running i have about 15k on them so far and i like them alot they have good traction all around and i do put my truck to the test. i really dont have any complaints about them but they might not wear as good as they say.

On my 2nd set of BFG A/T's. First set got 15K from them. This set is looking alot better. It handles, rides, and gets great traction. There a little pricey but a great looking tire!

My Revo's I ran also wore out fast!

i would like to run the bfg's when i get 18" wheels but they are like $220 a piece with out shipping:eek:

i have the nitto terra grapplers and they are a pretty good overall tire i have about 30K on the tires and they still have a bit of tread left on them but i have heard that they dont last very long if your towing heavy
i am think for my next set will be pro comp X MT does anyone have any thoughts on these?

ive never ran them but ive heard a couple good reviews about them. have you thought about the cooper stt's? they are priced good and ive heard nothing but good reviews about them if you are looking for an aggressive tire

Friend of mine runs the SST's. He like theme but the dont seem to be wearing good IMO..they're Loud to..

I love my BFGs. In the winter you can go through anything. I dont go mudding but I hear they dont clean out well. Every single puller around here uses them.

Nitto TGs are nice too.

My cousin has Dueler Revos and I used to have 265s on my PYOs, they wear really fast and suck on wet pavement.

All the rest of our trucks have Transforce A/Ts. Good mild tire that works well for towing and doesnt wear too bad.

I compared Nitto T/G's, Revo II's, BFG's, and ended up going with the Uniroyal Liberator A/T from Wal-Mart partly due to price, warranty and a previous experience with them in my last truck (and last Ford). The tread is moderately aggressive, get decent mileage, are very quiet, and handle very well in rain and what little bit of snow we get here in the valley. The last set I had I got close to 65,000 out of them. My current ones are at about 15,000 as I haven't had them very long. Just my 2 cents.

Im on my 2nd set of Nittos, 1st set was 285/75/16D on 8" wheels-43k(alot of burnouts), current set is 285/70/17E on 8.5" H2s 15k & still look brand new.

lol you guys arent the only ones i never get the rated millage out of my tires it sucks!!! and i drive at least 45k a year wth my truck

I have had 5 sets of Bridgestone Dueler A/T's (the old tread pattern) on my other 2 trucks, a 97 EC Z71, and 03 1500HD. I had no problems with them and got 45-50k out of all of them. This truck still has the stock BS Duravis' on it. I have a friend that can get me some Hankook RF10's at his price. They are a really good looking tire. Kind of Nitto T/G look. He says alot of oilfield guys around here are using them and really like them. I think I'm fixing to get a set.

Ive been running BFG ATs and i love them. Had them on my old 94 blazer full size 2 door, 265 75 16, and i never got stuck, snow or mud and i went through alot. My 285s on this truck work great everywhere, except dry pavement, they squeal funny through 1st and 2nd gear :D Im looking at terra grapplers or cooper STTs for the summer on some chrome H2s.

Back