• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

A little door handle trick for ya

What type of quality where the ones from aG?

They look and feel like stock GM stuff. They are in the "help" section. The only thing that really fails is the pot metal handle and the aftermarket ones look atleast as good as GM's.

They look and feel like stock GM stuff. They are in the "help" section. The only thing that really fails is the pot metal handle and the aftermarket ones look atleast as good as GM's.

pot metal is the biggest waste ever nothing in this world should be made out of it. and dont try to weld it its worse that welding cast the stuff is so porous :mad2:

pot metal is the biggest waste ever nothing in this world should be made out of it. and dont try to weld it its worse that welding cast the stuff is so porous :mad2:

So just considering this whole discussion, and always looking for new ideas, would a CNC'd door handle be a big seller? If I would have to pay twice as much, but never repair again, I'd do it.

it would be very very expensive to have that made for what it is. this is why they use potmetal. iv just had a resent bad experince with trying to weld a piece for a faucet and it didnt turn out well

You know what the old farmer told the lotto people after he won and they asked him what he was gonna do with the money?

"I'm just gonna keep farming until it's all gone..."

You know what the old farmer told the lotto people after he won and they asked him what he was gonna do with the money?

"I'm just gonna keep farming until it's all gone..."

We have the same joke here, but with a gold miner instead of a farmer.

Back