• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

A little door handle trick for ya

vegtech

WVO Enthusiast
Reaction score
we all have had or will have to replace the door handle. when you go to the bone yard and look for one the same color and can't find one trhat is not broken or the right color. here's the tip. The rear door of yukon, tahoe, burb is the same and if you find one that is not broke but is not the right color, you can take the lever out of the plastic and put it in yours.

we all have had or will have to replace the door handle. when you go to the bone yard and look for one the same color and can't find one trhat is not broken or the right color. here's the tip. The rear door of yukon, tahoe, burb is the same and if you find one that is not broke but is not the right color, you can take the lever out of the plastic and put it in yours.

I do that with every one I relace. Hard to find blue interiors at the junkyard.

My passenger door sucks to open and I don't want to break that handle. What do I need to do in there?

Thanks for the tip!

It's about to brake! The little tab on the insideis already bent and about to snap just get one and pull the panel off lube EVERYTHING that moves and replace the handle.

What I do when replacing a handle, is to bend the rod so my new handle won't have to be pulled to the extreme to open. I feel this has helped the longevity of the handle.

The best is when you fingers are wet and they slip off the handle while trying to open the heavy/stuck door.

Mines on the way out, I think the HD Pullstyle Kodiac handle is going on someday soon.

Just did mine yesterday, was not worth a trip to junk yard as Auto grone has them for $14.99 for the grey and $24.95 for red and ??? I did swap the handle from the new one to my red one.

Back