• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

99 Grand Am...

DEERE3594

I welcome everyone...not just Penguins!
Reaction score
How can I get the "change oil" light to go off? Just got the car and doesn't have a manual :banghead:
Thank you :willynilly:

I don't know how to shut it off, but, as far as getting an affordable , factory manual,

Register with the GM Owners Center, there you can enter all your vehicles, as the program goes back through 1993 model year, and then you can keep track of service and do a whole bunch of other stuff. The main thing is, there is a free downloadable owners manual available for each vehicle.

If you want a paper copy, follow a link (in the "glovebox" area somewhere), and you will go to Helm Inc. There you can get the manual itself for around 10 bucks, IIRC, and the whole portfolio for around 20, IIRC.

I'm guessing, but turn the ignition on, when the change oil light comes on press the gas pedal to the floor three times in a row............it should shut off. That's how the gasser trucks work at least.

I'm guessing, but turn the ignition on, when the change oil light comes on press the gas pedal to the floor three times in a row............it should shut off. That's how the gasser trucks work at least.

Got to hold it the last time for about 5 sec.

Pushin the pedal worked, and Im going to check that out GM Guy. Thanks for the replys guys! :thumbsup:

yeah i had the same problem as you when i first got my truck. happy you got it fixed.

Back