• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

93 LP ?

97duallydiesel

Reaction score
Ok , I believe my truck is fixed. Long story short I believe the fuel filter was either cracked,not seated properly or had a bad gasket and was leaking air back into the system.. Thats all corrected and the truck isn't stalling or bucking anymore.
However it still has the P0251 code and is idoling higher, closer to 1k. So much that when I come to a stop I have to really step on the brake to stop it from lunging forward. Any suggestions?

The second question I have is: during my "Episode " I replaced the 3 month old LP pump with a new one, prior to realizing the ground was bad. This new pump seems to be working fine.
I took the suggestion of another member and ordered a LP for a 93 but haven't picked it up yet. My question ,,is it worth it to switch to the 93LP ? and how much more pressure does it provide from the 97LP module.

I have the FTB mod just waiting to be installed and would rather have more pressure than not right??

My truck still isn't right . I plugged in a code checker from Advanced and it brought up the folowing 3 codes:

P0231: Fuel Pump second circuit low
P0251: Injection Pump Meter control
P0251 : Injection Pump meter control ( Pending)

I got the 93 LP and am going to install it probably tomm or monday. I realized the negative wire wasn't connecting so I ran a jumper wire from the plug up to the negative post of the battery. And the LP ran.
My question is do you think I'm having a conecction problem with the + side know??
Is that what that code means??
The truck stalled on me after running for approx. 5mins and then I had to crank for a while before it started but after that it ran fine except for the high Idle

Is you LP running when its supposed to be or not? Have you tested the pressure with truck off and at idle? Does it run during WTS, crank and idling?

Are those current codes or historical, if you cleared them did they come back?

in order to push more volume a pump must be higher pressure.

Is you LP running when its supposed to be or not? Have you tested the pressure with truck off and at idle? Does it run during WTS, crank and idling?

Are those current codes or historical, if you cleared them did they come back?

in order to push more volume a pump must be higher pressure.

The LP appears to be running fine I connected a voltage meter to it and it was 12v with the key on..I changed it to a 93LP and redid the ground. Sorry I don't know how to do more things trying to learn.....

I haven't checked the new pumps pressure yet but appears to be normal.

I don't know what WTS is?? sorry and it is running during cranking unknown idling?

I cleared the codes and the light came back on . I haven't checked if it's both codes or not .

The truck will start fine and then when i put it in gear and drive will sometimes stall. It will drive fine then all of a sudden Hic-cup the trouble light will come on and it will become loud almost sounds like when you first start it before the cylinders are warm.

Back