• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

88GMCtruck's never ending 88 GMC build thread

My only complaint with going to a LS motor is overall cost at this point.

I'm pretty sure LS is just the designation gm gave it. Similar to their trucks gmt400, gmt800, etc. just a platform name.

L ess S low

I think it is just an RPO code. Prior engines were L (and number) RPO codes. For example the early '90s 4.3 V6 engines were RPO "L35".

Good enough for me. So, off topic alittle whats the LS and LT options mean? Again just a trim level option code? I think of LT as = Leather Truck but what is LS? They should have made LS the Leather Seat option.

These are the types of stupid things I think about:mad2: and can't get out of my head.

LS isn't the RPO code, it's the engine family. It's the LS series of motors, which include ls1, ls6, lsx, etc. the engines have different specs based on their RPO code. Example, two common 6.0 l motors are the LQ4 and LQ9. They are LS1 based motors. A second generation 6.0 l is based off the ls2 motor, with other RPO codes for various applications.

Good enough for me. So, off topic alittle whats the LS and LT options mean? Again just a trim level option code? I think of LT as = Leather Truck but what is LS? They should have made LS the Leather Seat option.

These are the types of stupid things I think about:mad2: and can't get out of my head.

I always thought LT was leather trim...but their designations are sucky...

look at GMC if

I know the S means Sierra... SLE "Sierra Luxury edition(?) SLT Sierra Leather Trim(?)

who knows with the GM powers that be...

My favorite Ice Cream is Vanilla :D

mmm Pie... Lemon Ice Box please!

Whats everyone's favorite color Truck? :hihi:

Mmmmm, Blueberry pie with Oberweis vanilla ice cream.

I like the white letters out. Except when I don't...:D

[/dragging thread somewhere near the intended topic, kicking and screaming]
Leroy, what did you use to convert it to hydraulic? I'd just rather not goof with all the lines, etc. I'd love to keep it a mechanical linkage.

[/end]

[/dragging thread somewhere near the intended topic, kicking and screaming]
Leroy, what did you use to convert it to hydraulic? I'd just rather not goof with all the lines, etc. I'd love to keep it a mechanical linkage.

[/end]

This was in my 70 Chevy, It was a very clean set up. Just one hose from MC to throwout bearing. Not even a slave cylinder to mess with. I would think a system is made for use on GMT400's.
Used a wildwood MC, but I cannot remember what throwout bearing.

96+ NV4500s used an internal slave cylinder, 88-95 use external.

Oh and wait, there is a topic?! :p Maybe once the thread gets more serious it might need cleaned up, but for now i think we can survive.

Back