• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

88 k30 6.2 ROUGH no engine

He's banking on the D60 for off roaders. Whats left would part out for that price but I agree it shouldn't bring that price before it's disassembled and cleaned up

IIRC the one tons of that vintage with MT got the iron case 205. I do know my 84 K10 is a 208 which are AL case.

Thanks. I'm thinking of rebuilding the chassis (and all non body parts) adding my spare 6.2 (after a rebuild) and setting a 74 body on it.

Not saying this is the best option but I haven't had good luck finding a military 1.25 ton 4 speed stick or any other k30 single cabs.

Basically it is a carcass: $500. Even if it has workable parts, your time is worth something to salvage them.

Price is unrealistically high and in this type of case I E-mail the seller and ask what is the reasoning in the price level. The response will tell you whether the seller is realistic, fishing, or out of touch; the first two are workable.

That type of response goes into the 'out of touch' category. I typically thank the seller for the response and politely wish them luck.

Got a local guy with a pile of GM and F**d D60 fronts, thinks they're gold. Says he turns down $1000 each.

Has equal pile of GM 14 bolt FF rears as well.

Piles are the same size as they were 6 years ago....

Has a similar late 80's CCLB totally full of rust worms, has a 6.2N, broken starter/block ear. I inquired about the engine 6 years ago not knowing about it's broken block, was quoted $800 for engine long block... He thought it was a steal of a deal, rare rare rare low mile 6.2.. Yeah.

It's still setting as well. Shit won't see the light of day ever again.

Psychotic hoarders.

Text sent. Detailed pics requested so I can find more reasons to haggle.

Well, if you are going to pick at that bone . . . Am still thinking that it is barking up the wrong tree.

See if you can figure out his wife's number and she just might let you haul that 'stuff' out of her sight just as long as you can do it while the seller is out running some honey-do errand :D

Back