• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

6.5 ecu

Will L.

Reaction score
Couple guys on Hummer forum asking if anyone know where to buy new or send in for repair
ECU.

All you junkyard dogs out there- might be something worth grabbing for your own spare and ebay selling while you’re there if they are becoming nla...

Not sure where to send for a rebuild, but I know Advance sells the reman ones for a little over $100 for the OBD! without the prom chip. the prom chips are just about NLA already. there are a few folks here and there capable of burning the info onto a blank chip.

I have all the equipment but my only source for the blank chips is Moates. I was informed by them that the manufacture who made the blank replacement chips no longer producing them. so that is another limited supply soon to be extinct.

Guess I better get on the stick and find one. I hope to someday be able to throw a tune to this 2000.
your's being OBD2 is a little different, it doesn't use a prom chip. it's embedded into the ecm. not sure what year it was when they moved the ecm from behind the glove box to under the hood and changed the design to the all cast aluminum finned body. getting into tuning the obd2's I have read that it takes a decent amount of $$ for the equipment. both obd series have their ups and downs as far as what you can do with them and what it takes to do it. personally I would prefer to convert to mechanical and ditch everything electronic. one of my dream plans for my rig. if I ever run across a pickem' up truck in the junkyard that's mechanical. everything on it will be getting stripped off for mine :D

your's being OBD2 is a little different, it doesn't use a prom chip. it's embedded into the ecm. not sure what year it was when they moved the ecm from behind the glove box to under the hood and changed the design to the all cast aluminum finned body. getting into tuning the obd2's I have read that it takes a decent amount of $$ for the equipment. both obd series have their ups and downs as far as what you can do with them and what it takes to do it. personally I would prefer to convert to mechanical and ditch everything electronic. one of my dream plans for my rig. if I ever run across a pickem' up truck in the junkyard that's mechanical. everything on it will be getting stripped off for mine :D
Okay, I missed the OBD1 part. Thought it would be for all ECMs.
That would be a good plan. To pick up the ECM, pump and any other components necessary for a conversion. Then ifit ever come to having to do tue swapover it all would be here, setting, waiting.

On the hummers it’s obd1 through 95, then 96-2003 obd2. 2004 obd2 but used a CAT computer. No 2005 made and 2006 is Duramax.
I’ve no idea what year hummer did the changes of ecu that went older style to new.

on 94-95 they are obd1 with tcm. 92-93 is th400 trans.

Couple guys on Hummer forum asking if anyone know where to buy new or send in for repair
ECU.

All you junkyard dogs out there- might be something worth grabbing for your own spare and ebay selling while you’re there if they are becoming nla...
I'm guessing it's the 94-95 TCM's that are getting hard to come by. They were only used in a limited run for 3500 cutaway vans with a DB2 and Hummers. So very low production numbers of them. I know I just checked RA and they show GM & aftermarket for the OBD1 trucks.

Back