• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

6.5 diesel

If you're doing for the first time...figure 4 hours. Driver's side, about an hour. Passenger/drinker's side, three or more depending on how much of a fight your turbo puts up.
Do one side and restart the truck. Then do the other side. Getting any air out of the lines is easier when done one side at a time.

Well described if a pickup truck. Way different if a van, box truck, rv or hmmwv/hummer.

Welcome Mack- fill out signature line with your rig, a ton you could learn here- difference of long life from these engines or blown up in a short time. Stick around a learn. Ask lots of questions.

I recommend another option for some folks.
Do the glow plugs at the same time if not done yet. Remove all 8 glow plugs and injectors first, installing injectors as you go but not the glow plugs.
Crank the engine without the plugs and the engine spins so fast and easy it bleeds the injectors easy and you’ll see a mist coming from the glow plug holes of the fuel coming out. @WarWagon has a good video example- wish I post but can’t find it.

Then once the fuel is misting- install the new AC Delco 60 G plugs- nothing else. Others can cost you the engine, pics available.
Also- share where buying parts before buying. We have places to recommend but there is a lot of junk out there and injectors can ruin an engine faster than the glow plugs. Many people buy from ebay then come back 6 months later asking what’s wrong. Eventually give up and buy GOOD injectors.
Save your old ones. Trust me. If ya get new ones that are proven good then there are folks that would like your old ones to rebuild- not worth selling but nice to donate them to guys trying to get things going who rebuild them, or send of the old set for rebuild so they are ready the next 100,000 miles from now

Back