• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

6.5 daily driver started making some noise

Ok well it turned out to b a bad vac pump. I got a shorter belt and deleted it so now I'm making a turbo master,ordering a boost guage and making my own boost bolt. Thanks for all the help everyone. Now I've got the trans out and I'm replacing the slave cyl and throw out bearing. I'm also gonna replace the input shaft bearing and seal and do the output bearing and seal just because I have the trans out already and because it's got 200k on stock.

do you have a dual mass flywheel? It would be good to switch to a solid one, I just did and what a difference in shifting. I got a complete kit for $600 Canadian, vs 1200-1400 for a dual mass flywheel. Please post pics of the turbomaster, I'm building one very soon, I'm using a #49 compression spring from Fastenal (advice from one of these diesel sites).

It has a factory flywheel I don't know if it's dual mass or not but I think that war wagon said that it is earlier in this thread. It shifts great as it is now I don't think it could get any better actually it's silky smoothe. I'm not gonna build the turbo master for a few days but your truck is a 94 and has a different actuator than mine I think, not 100% on that tho. Mine is vertical. What I'm planning on is to remove the top an guts from the actuator and then thread that shaft and play around with springs from ace till I find what works. But first I've gotta find a boost gauge. I Don't want one that goes real high because I'm only gonna b running 10 lbs max so a 0-15 will b what I want. I've been looking around and there's not many in that range and there damn expensive for what u are actually getting, basically just a scaled down air pressure gauge. I've been thinking of trying to find a low pressure air gauge and trying to make it a boost gauge? Anyone done or heard of this? Or know why it won't work?

I have seen 10,000 mile use and 30,000 mile injectors look and spray terrible, and several people have bought new or rebuilt injectors that spray bad. So, I would recommend at least testing some of the injectors easy to get to and then decide if to replace all of them. Any diesel shop should have a pop tester. If the truck isnt used hard then less likely for them to go bad, and also less likely for them to cause issues under minimal load. Although, if they leak down after shutdown from residual pressure in lines, it can wash oil off cylinder and get scuffing on cold startup.

Back