• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

512hp, Pulling, and 456hp DD tunes posted!!

durallymax

Reaction score
Well i bit the bullet and posted my pulling tune from 08, my revamped pulling tune that made 512hp and my daily driver tune that made 456hp.

I am working on uploading them right now.

As stated in the tune descriptions, all of these tunes are hard on your truck and need to be used by cautious drivers. The only tune that can be used on the street is the 456hp one.

Enjoy.

The 512hp tune is a DSP5 system right? How can I convert it to run on my OS?

ok, so i know this isnt the type of question that most like to read on a forum, fair enough, but you guys here are open with your info and well i really looking to make a good pull tomorrow. Durallymax- i have been looking through your tunes for a couple hours now. i was thinking about throwing your 456hp dd tune into my LMM for the pulls tomorrow, now i dont have the full trans build that most do....so i guess my question is ....can this work? or am i just being foolish?

ok, so i know this isnt the type of question that most like to read on a forum, fair enough, but you guys here are open with your info and well i really looking to make a good pull tomorrow. Durallymax- i have been looking through your tunes for a couple hours now. i was thinking about throwing your 456hp dd tune into my LMM for the pulls tomorrow, now i dont have the full trans build that most do....so i guess my question is ....can this work? or am i just being foolish?

You usually stay in the 1- 3 gears in pulling. I know alot of guys who do/have done it with no problems.

It shouldn't hurt anything, of course you might want to PLAN building the trans if you decide you going to do it often.

Thanks for the advice, that is exactly what i was wanting to hear. I appriciate all the input and advice that you all here are willing to give out.

can the rev-limiter be raised? i was doing tuning earlier and it seemed like trans was having trouble shifting. Maybe i need to defuel between shifts? idk....maybe i did too much. just kinda seemed like the rpms were moving to fast for the shifts. I know this isnt the best explaination and if it causes troubles in getting me the help i'm looking for i will make a video of me driving or i can post the tune up. But if i post the tune you all must promise not to rag on me as i'm learing :)

raising the rev limiter wont affect shifting much as the trans is programmed to shift while within the rev limiter specs.

You need to set the trans to fast learn mode then drive it for a couple days and then it will smooth out the shifts.

These tunes do suck for shifting though as the torque management is stock. I never did post the updated tune yet.

Back