• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

5000 Hours

btfarm

America First!
Staff member
Lead Moderator
Reaction score
Got to 5000 engine hours yesterday. Average a tic over 43 mph.
Total parts problems in that time? 2 glow plugs.

GMC5000hrs2.jpg GMC5000hrs1.jpg

Dang...I don't think I've looked at the hour meter since I've got the truck...wonder if I'll remember to look next time I'm in the truck...

Mine was reset before I bought the truck, I assume high hrs but I averaged 52mph last I checked w/ ~60K miles since I bought it.

w/ 205K:

2 wheel bearings (one was replace prior to my purchase and both were still decent but I replaced them for peace of mind)
tirerods, idler and pitmans (added brace and sleeves)
Water Pump
Starter
Both batts
Rear leafs

Not really complaining. You have done better than me. My parts list would likely be longer if I bought it new though, but I am hard on it I guess.

:sad: I don't have one of them fancy hour meters that I can access to read. Just broke 200K miles on the engine and had to break down and put a CP3 in it. I was an unusual one hoping it was an injector, but the CP3 had seen better days.

I was only referring to engine parts. I have replaced 1 front hub, an idler arm, and both batteries. I'm due for tires pretty soon and I will replace a bunch of front end parts at that time. As said elsewhere, new brakes to replace OEM ones this weekend.

Still doing pretty good. Being up north your rear calipers seizing is somewhat acceptable.

It's nice not having to worry about the engine parts failing all the time.

Sent from: Source Unknown

That is excellent Mike! That is what good preventative maintenance can do for you. ;) Hopefully you'll be good for another 216K!

Back