• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

(3/2/09) How far did you go in school?

(3/2/09) How far did you go in school?

• Jr. High/Middle School

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • High School

Votes: 5 5.8%
  • Graduated High School

Votes: 11 12.8%
  • Some College/Vocational/Trade School

Votes: 26 30.2%
  • Graduated College/Vocational/Trade School

Votes: 27 31.4%
  • Grad School

Votes: 4 4.7%
  • Post Graduate work

Votes: 3 3.5%
  • PhD, baby...

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Some other professional training/degree

Votes: 8 9.3%
  • School? We don't need no stinkin' school...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
graduated high school then off to work full time for me but now that CAT is doin so great and they are kicking our asses out the door im gonna try to go back to school cant hurt

Left school at 14 1/2 ...joined the Merchant Marines at 15 trained as a Chef, received medal patron Her Majesty the Queen, then went into high class hotels & restaurants got work here in Norway for 28yrs ago cooked food for the Royals, sometimes bla, bla,...:D

Diploma from the wine & sprit education trust London Uk.

Owed wholesale meat company for a 6 years..Worked my fingers to the bone...:eek:

Graduated from college at 51 years of age. I attended classes at the ed centers in the Army, at various colleges around the US and Korea and finally started a real college program at Austin Peay State University in Clarksville, TN. Outside the gate at Ft Campbell, KY. I retired from the Army and attended a couple of community colleges and moved to Hurst, TX to work at Bell Helicopter. Through Bell's education plan I attended Dallas Baptist University. My kids and wife took care of most of the home Daddy do's for a couple of years so I can finish my degree, at 51 years old. I took one Grad class and work was demanding to much so I dropped that.

I actually have enough semester hours to graduate with a masters degree but just not the right courses. It took a while but was worth it to me.

Be encouraged to keep at it. It will pay off eventually.

Graduated from college at 51 years of age. I attended classes at the ed centers in the Army, at various colleges around the US and Korea and finally started a real college program at Austin Peay State University in Clarksville, TN. Outside the gate at Ft Campbell, KY. I retired from the Army and attended a couple of community colleges and moved to Hurst, TX to work at Bell Helicopter. Through Bell's education plan I attended Dallas Baptist University. My kids and wife took care of most of the home Daddy do's for a couple of years so I can finish my degree, at 51 years old. I took one Grad class and work was demanding to much so I dropped that.

I actually have enough semester hours to graduate with a masters degree but just not the right courses. It took a while but was worth it to me.

I tip my hat to you SFC Cobb .....with respect Sir...

Left school at 14 1/2 ...joined the Merchant Marines at 15 trained as a Chef, received medal patron Her Majesty the Queen, then went into high class hotels & restaurants got work here in Norway for 28yrs ago cooked food for the Royals, sometimes bla, bla,...:D

Diploma from the wine & sprit education trust London Uk.

Owed wholesale meat company for a 6 years..Worked my fingers to the bone...:eek:

I find that right there very interesting. I'm guessing you have many stories you could tell.

My self: I was a couple years into college when my Dad was killed. Quit school and took over the farm operations. I've learned a ton since.

That's darn impressive right there! You have a right to be proud!

Thanks for your comments. I attended several military schools in addition to my other education and also took a bunch of military correspondence courses.

My take is that life is a never ending process of learning and trying to teach others so that they also can learn.

Dropped out of high school.........went to work.......worked a couple years then got GED and joined the Navy. After that I went on to get three degrees in Controls Technology(Robotics), Air Conditioning & Refrigeration and Industrial Mechanical Engineering.
Then to tech school receiving diplomas for Industrial Electric & System Controls, Hydraulic Pumps and Cylinders, Variable Frequency Drives, Programmable Logic Controllers and Industrial Motors and Drive Systems.
Now I use none of the training I have had in how I scratch out a living for my family. :D

Graduated high school, 1 semester of college. Partied too much and did not go to class, I came home and told my parents it was a waste of time. Had a few jobs then got a job with an electrical contractor and really liked it. Entered the apprentice program and completed a 4 year program in 2 years.
After 8 years I started my own business. I have done well since then but know with the economy I don't know when that will end.

jr now getting my undergraduate degree in accounting. due to the new regulations i will need to do a fifth year in order to be CPA eligible and hope to do that in finance.

Graduated high school at 17 and went to a 2 yr votech program in welding and metallurgy and graduated with an associate degree and then went to work my first job with the Hesston Corp building farm equipment and now I am 55 and having a ball building Fire Rescue trucks and helping those guys get to the fires in a safe truck.
Best $1500 I ever spent for the 2 yrs of school I went to

There is nothing wrong with that Phillip. Not everyone wants or needs a degree. We need welders and mechs, etc. as much if not more that the degreed folks.

Im the guy with the Aerospace degree that would love to know how to weld and drywall/tile better! My little brother picked up welding a little better though, so we could work on our demolition derby cars.

One time in college was hard enough, but with all the VA programs to go to school, they pay housing starting in August 09, as well as tuition and fees, and tax breaks I might have to get out or go reserve and go back to school. I like working with RF communications, all that gobbly gook signals stuff through the air.

Im the guy with the Aerospace degree that would love to know how to weld and drywall/tile better! My little brother picked up welding a little better though, so we could work on our demolition derby cars.

One time in college was hard enough, but with all the VA programs to go to school, they pay housing starting in August 09, as well as tuition and fees, and tax breaks I might have to get out or go reserve and go back to school. I like working with RF communications, all that gobbly gook signals stuff through the air.

If they are paying then there is your chance to make things happen. Go for it!!

i got a home scholl transcript...

getting ready to go to wyotech come april... if everything gets aproved.

You need to practice your grammar and spelling before going to college. Most home schoolers are better prepared for college than public school kids.

Graduated High School then joined up with Uncle Sam. It has taken a long time but, I finally finished my associate degree(in December 2008), I am now slowly working on my bachelors degree.(all payed for by Uncle Sam) That is what I like about the Military, they fully support college.

Back