• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

2017 Chevy traverse. Electrical problem

Stoney

Reaction score
I know this isn't the right thread so moderator feel free to put it whichever one it's supposed to be in
.. it's basically your romance type story my grandmother-in-law and her husband bought a 2017 Chevy traverse, there having a problem with the back windows.. they will go down but they will not go back up... Keep in mind they are in Florida I'm in New York so I have to kind of relay information to them and they are not exactly young or in good health... I'm thinking that it would possibly be a relay or possibly some kind of safety switch, but I'm no expert on electrical.
I know some of y'all have some of these newer vehicles so thought maybe somebody would have an idea.

I know this isn't the right thread so moderator feel free to put it whichever one it's supposed to be in
.. it's basically your romance type story my grandmother-in-law and her husband bought a 2017 Chevy traverse, there having a problem with the back windows.. they will go down but they will not go back up... Keep in mind they are in Florida I'm in New York so I have to kind of relay information to them and they are not exactly young or in good health... I'm thinking that it would possibly be a relay or possibly some kind of safety switch, but I'm no expert on electrical.
I know some of y'all have some of these newer vehicles so thought maybe somebody would have an idea.
The Traverse is known to be a problematic car. Get rid of it as it will only get worse.

Came here to say what bigT already said... Im frankly amazed that is all that is wrong with it... for now...
For random issues on different platforms that I dont want to join a whole new forum for, Ive had pretty good luck with google, but make sure to spell it out in such a way that google can more effectively process your question
"2017 Traverse rear windows wont roll up" will net more results than "Chevrolet Traverse rear window problem"

Good luck finding whats wrong, hopefully its something simple.
If they are dead set on keeping the heap, make sure they change oil fairly often. that engine is a ticking time bomb, but luckily frequent oil changes seem to prolong the short life of the VVT cam system.

You need to verify if power is getting to the window motor or not when inoperative.
Then if not, apply power to the window motor (magic of a power probe) to ensure if the issue is motor vs electrical supply.
Also inside the door panel you will see if it is GM’e famously horrible window regulator failure.

On the VVT get a kompooter on there and turn off the valvetrain vandalizing trap.
Then yup, from the guy who promoted 30,000 mile intervals on the 6.0 LS engine- they need to consider engine oil changes at 2,000 mile intervals, consider adding a frantz bypass filter, definitely remove and clean the vvt solenoids. That last part is not optional. Thats life ve death of the engine, and needs done every 50,000 miles. Sux to suck but sux more to walk.

I will pass along the info but as I said they are in Florida I am in New York.. and I don't cross the line into Florida for any reason.. 😂😂 lol...
I don't know if he will be able to tear a door apart to test the things or not... I think they're kind of stuck with it because they are quite a few years of payments to make on it...

I will pass along the info but as I said they are in Florida I am in New York.. and I don't cross the line into Florida for any reason.. 😂😂 lol...
I don't know if he will be able to tear a door apart to test the things or not... I think they're kind of stuck with it because they are quite a few years of payments to make on it...
Better to trade it, ASAP
Catastrophic failure will only screw them worse financially.

Sometimes you have to cut and run

Back