• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!
Reaction score
I currently have a stock rear end in my silverado. I'm thinking about swapping it from a 10 bolt to a 14 bolt. I've seen a lot of forums talking about a 9.5 inch semi floating 6 lug 14 bolt axle, but I can't find any site that sells them, nor can I find a junkyard in my area that has one. Anyone here have a good idea of where to find one, or a better way to search for one? I spent 2 hours trying to find one for sale, and I failed miserably.

The 9.5" 14 bolt swap was for the earlier 88-98 1500's. GM stopped offering the 9.5" in a 6 lug axle after 98/99 time frame. You could get one of the older axles and make it work, but it will not be a bolt in swap. The biggest hurdle is most want disc rear brakes with them too, and I don't know of any cheap kit you can put on one of the older 9.5" axles to work in a newer truck.

Back