• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

2006 tranny lines leaking

Max Attitude

Typical White Person
Reaction score
Read a few threads about the leaking lines. Has anybody (MikeL or other) made a repair kit for them? All I read about is people replacing them with the updated crimp. My dads truck just started leaking and it's been below 0 degrees here lately. What's the best/cheapest fix at this point?
Thanks

Jared: You have a very common issue that we all have had, if you live anywhere where cold weather is around. Mike L. does make replacement hoses, but it requires a little cutting and minor work. You can also do the same thing if you have a local hose shop around that can make you some up. Not very difficult to accomplish. They can be done with the hoses on or off the truck, but with the hoses off, it is a little easier.

I had my own hoses made up using stainless steel braided hoses with compression fittings from a local Aeroquip dealer. They came out real nice.

Don't get fooled, but even if you get new hoses with "upgraded crimps" you will still have the minor leaking issue. The only way to fix it for good is to replace the "hose" portion and do away with the OEM crimps.

Attachments

• 3056.jpg
    3056.jpg
    280.2 KB · Views: 23
Knock on wood... ;)

2 years and about 60k miles since I replaced my main line with the 'upgraded' factory line and zero leaks.

FYI for everyone... I contacted Mike L by phone and he told me Tony Burkhard is the guy so I went to his website and he sells the 3 lines for $225. They are ss braided lines. Looks like a good replacement. I am also checking with a hydraulics place my buddy knows of to see if they will take the current lines and repair them.

I have been admiring my factory lines for a while and no leaks. I was up under the truck yesterday and??? Yep, mine are leaking. I am going to try the new Alligator kit which replaces the whole lines. Should be able to do it next Thursday because I want to get it done before the under carriage is trashed out anymore than it already is.

MutterMutterMumbleMumble!!!

When my time comes again it will be the All Season kit for me. That Alligator kit just has to much hose for my liking. I have seen the same kit on ebay before. I just don't trust the rubber if something kicks up from the road or if it rubs on somewhere. JMO

I understand. I am going to look at it real close and see where I have to cover the hoses with other rubber to prevent abrasion but, I think alligator has done their homework and it will be a good product. Tony's kit is tried and proven but, I am just going different.

I don't think so Jared. If you can, please do so. Take good photos and a nice step by step. Start a new thread and we can place it in the Do it yourself section. Thanks! :thumbsup:

Well I can take pictures and try to do a write up...not sure how soon I'd be able to post it. Otherwise I can take pics and we can add it to BT's thread.

FYI for everyone... I contacted Mike L by phone and he told me Tony Burkhard is the guy so I went to his website and he sells the 3 lines for $225. They are ss braided lines. Looks like a good replacement. I am also checking with a hydraulics place my buddy knows of to see if they will take the current lines and repair them.

His site for future reference.

allseasondieselperformance.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=77

:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Well we got the lines off and I brought them to a place called Thermal King of Michigan. They put new hoses and crimp fittings on...had them done within a few hours. What a difference compared to stock! These things are HD. They did it for $100. We had all three lines off in about 2 hours. I highly recommend a second pair of hands for this job....it would be very difficult fishing the lines in and out otherwise. It took us probably another 2 or 3 hours to re-install the new lines.

Here's some pics of the new lines-

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
You got it....the dealer actually called right after I got the lines fixed and said they could replace the factory ones with the updated ones for $100 deductible. I said oh well these are 100X better and won't leak again and now we know how to do it. I'll do a write-up when I get some time after work but there's not a lot of explaining...you figure out what you need to remove as you go.

Back