• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

2006 Duramax Heated Seats

RI Chevy Silveradoman

At your service
Staff member
Lead Moderator
Reaction score
Does anyone know how to deactivate the heated seats?
Is there a fuse I can pull?
My truck has had this issue for several years. After a rain, the heated seats come on at random and change levels all by themselves. In winter I don't mind it. In summer my arse and back burn.
I need to find ab easy way to shut them off.

Does anyone know how to deactivate the heated seats?
Is there a fuse I can pull?
My truck has had this issue for several years. After a rain, the heated seats come on at random and change levels all by themselves. In winter I don't mind it. In summer my arse and back burn.
I need to find ab easy way to shut them off.

Wished I could help you, but my 2006, Chevy 2500HD is not a luxury model, :D therefore I don't have the heated seats. I would be looking for a fuse to pull or try what smokymtn65 recommended.

Yes. Lol. I hear you BigR.
I'm just not very good with automotive electric stuff. I have checked many times for the fuse. I'm just not seeing anything even remotely close. And I do not want to remove the switches without first knowing how to safely seperate that cluster.

I just found this. This was my exact situation. I will disconnect the "green plug" and see.

Well, I found the green plug and disconnected it. Heat does not seem to get hot anymore but the switch is still cycling on and off.
I guess it is a win...

Last edited:
Usually, there's a fuse specifically for heated seats that you can pull to deactivate them temporarily. It's often listed in your vehicle's manual or fuse box diagram. That could be a quick fix until you can get it properly checked out.

How’d I miss this?
This is a really common failure. As BigR pointed out, same fuse as ignition.
So removing it isn’t an option.

The clicking you hear under the dash is the relay, and this will continue as the power is still being sent all the way to the seat connector through the relay. This will drain your battery over time. The switch will continue to make contact more and more and in some years and different gm rigs can do it with the key off just because it is working the solenoid. If your’s only clicks with key on and never off- then it won’t drain the battery while key is off. I don’t know which trucks did and didn’t.

If you follow the sound you will get that solenoid and can unplug it.
Good luck with being a circus contortionist.

The switch in the door panel is bad. I am the worst at interior for breaking the little retainers, I’m sure there is some YouTube or similar video how to remove the panel without breaking things like I would.

Back