• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

2005 6.0. What to look for?

simone0414

Reaction score
Looking at a 05 250 ext. cab with 103,000 ,miles. I have requested a Oasis report from another site. Don't know much about it yet & have only looked at it online so far. Was wondering what I should be checking on this particular year & what they are known for problems. I presently own 99 Serria 6.5td which I'm pretty sure has taken a major crap. So I am looking at moving on. This would be my first powerstroke.

Thanks

I would definitely check the oasis,...and open the degas tank,...see if you see oil,...or look on the outside everywhere for coolant spots..

my 05 has 48k on the clock.

I would definitely check the oasis,...and open the degas tank,...see if you see oil,...or look on the outside everywhere for coolant spots..

my 05 has 48k on the clock.

I know next to nothing about the 6.0 other then I have heard that headgaskets & injectors can be a problem in the 03& 04. What is the degas tank? If I see oil what is that a sign of? Look for coolant spots? Is that a sign of head gasket?

The degas tank = coolant/radiator overflow tank
if you see oil,..oil cooler or gaskets ruptured.
if you see coolant spots,...well...that could be a bunch of thing,.,.some cheap fixes,...some not..

My dads 05 has been in the shop 3 times for turbo problems. I think the biggest problem there is the mechanic not finding the real problem the first 2 times. They keep cleaning the turbo and sending it back to him.

Back