• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

1995 Work in Progress

Caskey

Reaction score
Well i figured it was time i started my own build thread. I have a 1995 6.5 TD Light Duty 2500. Bought it with 68000 original miles (that not a typo 68!) for 4000 from a old cowboy who sold his ranch and was moving out of the country. It had the body kit and custom wood trim interior with leather seats etc.
FarmandGardenShow041.jpg

Trim Removed
turck030.jpg

Now to what has been done. Had all fluids changed air filter change and a good interior cleaning. Then around 7 months in to owNing it (beginning of summer)started having sputtering issues so i re-located the pmdcable thanks to the help of pmdcable.com. Still had issues got scanner cable and software and figured out was having fueling issues and a horrible tune etc check is thread more info-http://www.thetruckstop.us/forum/showthread.php?23057-New-PMD-still-Problems... With a lot of help from people here Finely got it fixed with a new programing and IP timed to -1.5. Shes running great now just begging for air!

That's where the fun begins! Today all of my packages have come in! Upper and lower intake seals to swap out the stupid EGR S intake from accuratediesel. K47 Air intake (What filter should i use?). And 2.5 crossover 3" downpipe to 4" exhaust straight pipe to the back with a chrome 5" tip from Diamond eye. All should be put on the truck within the next week! Sorry for the long story I'm in love with my truck!
PARTS002.jpg

Wish list- Gauges, new injectors, glow plugs, Activesuspension, and new shocks.

Comments, pointers are Welcome :thumbsup:

Caleb

I would think about filling in the holes where the trim was screwed into the body. My 95 w/ 305 had those and now it has rust forming where I took the screws out. Other than that nice find, sounds like you got work to do.

BTW where did you get your 4 stage tune?

I would think about filling in the holes where the trim was screwed into the body. My 95 w/ 305 had those and now it has rust forming where I took the screws out. Other than that nice find, sounds like you got work to do.

BTW where did you get your 4 stage tune?

There are plastic caps in all the holes now but i do plan on filling them. Id love to rhino line the bottom half of the truck but not for a long time.

There are plastic caps in all the holes now but i do plan on filling them. Id love to rhino line the bottom half of the truck but not for a long time.

That is my plan for my 2 trucks w/ 6.5's. The 305 is a POS since I let my dad use it as a farm truck.

This coming summer I am hoping to repaint/replace rocker panels/and spray my rockers with tan bed liner on my 95 Z71. Should look good against the dark green.

That is my plan for my 2 trucks w/ 6.5's. The 305 is a POS since I let my dad use it as a farm truck.

This coming summer I am hoping to repaint/replace rocker panels/and spray my rockers with tan bed liner on my 95 Z71. Should look good against the dark green.

Yeah that should look awesome! Right now I'm focusing on my engine and suspension then ill start doing body stuff. And prevent rust etc. ima keep the same color and go with a dark black liner for the rokcer panels and bed.

You're on the right track to ditch the "S" intake. The egr never belonged on a engine. My 95ld had the intake ports blocked up down to the size of a pencil with soot.

Did the same with mine swapped out that S intake & installed very similiar mods that you have & are planning. The return was very impressive with every mod.

I would suggest you get the gauges EGT & boost ASAP. Gotta be able to see what she's doing when adding air & fuel to it...:eek:

Enjoy you should be thrilled when yr done :thumbsup:

Nice TRUCK!

You're on the right track to ditch the "S" intake. The egr never belonged on a engine. My 95ld had the intake ports blocked up down to the size of a pencil with soot.
Yeah I have been looking at pics of peoples old intakes and was like ok that one goes hight on the list. And luckily my buddy has a exter set of upper and lower that he selling me cheap.

Did the same with mine swapped out that S intake & installed very similiar mods that you have & are planning. The return was very impressive with every mod.

I would suggest you get the gauges EGT & boost ASAP. Gotta be able to see what she's doing when adding air & fuel to it...:eek:

Enjoy you should be thrilled when yr done :thumbsup:

Nice TRUCK!

Yes guages will come asap well atleast the egt. ill hook up my computer if i take a trip and need to watch everything. guages are are just dang expensive for none crap and im a broke college student haha.

Thanks she is my pride and joy

Well got the exhaust installed on the truck. Sounds amazing! I can really here the turbo sing! Next on the list upper lower intake and putting the k47 on.
EXHAUST001.jpg

EXHAUST003.jpg

EXHAUST005.jpg

Will post videos soon.

Looks good, besides hearing the turbo can you feel a difference in?

I havent really gotten a chance to get in it yet.. But from the little driving i have done not really haha seems to spool faster less smoke on wot. idk Ill dirve it more later and get a better idea on how it feels.

How important is that part of the k47 air intake? Its rusted to crap and idk know if i can clean it up good enough its almost all rust. Thanks
PARTS002-1.jpg

PARTS005-1.jpg

PARTS003-1.jpg

How important is that part of the k47 air intake? Its rusted to crap and idk know if i can clean it up good enough its almost all rust. Thanks
PARTS002-1.jpg

PARTS005-1.jpg

PARTS003-1.jpg

Wire wheel grinder and paint. That is needed to bolt it to the inner fender. I dont think the old box mount will swap over but I may be wrong.

Well everything had been going good with the truck got the air filter ordered (thanks to the wrecker) Great guy by the way. Until yesterday. Was on my way home from my last job going around 65 with my landscaping trailer and BOOM Gator-ed my right rear wheel. It nailed my new exhaust, smashed my fender well and slung and put 2 dings in the cab of the truck. And the tire was not even in that bad of shape! So now everything is getting put on the back burners tell i get all that fixed FML. Pics will come later

That does suck. If you have comprehensive insurance it will cover that. I usually get liability and comprehensive coverage, figuring if I actually cause an accident I can bang my head on a wall for that. But comprehensive covers damage cause by tire blow outs, or road hazards, or malfunctioning car parts.

Back