• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

100,000 miles!

My LBZ is not even 3 years old. Drove it off the lot pulling 14,000lbs and it has rarely been unhooked since. Very little maintenance done. Both front wheel bearings about two months ago and brakes and tires. It now has over 150,000 miles. This is used what it was meant for everyday. Rarely gets washed as it always hooked to the trailers. My LB7 has 200,000 miles and still gets fantastic fuel mileage with no failures of engine or transmission. Just a water pump, wheel bearings, brakes and tires and a steering shaft.

These are just amazing work trucks. I don't care what anyone says. Great mileage and very trouble free comfortable vehicles.

Good to hear things like this :thumbsup:Makes me not worry so much about getting a higher millage one some day

I feel like a wuss when talking about the mileage on my truck. My black dually had 41k on it back in March when it was stolen. I got it in July of 06 with 41 miles on it. My uncle's, the one I am driving now, was bought in February of 06 and it only has 37k on it. My dad's truck, however, only has 20k on his truck and he bought his 3 days after me. All three are LBZ duallys.

My 06 LBZ also hit 100,00 a couple of weeks ago and celebrated it with a big bang. Climbing a grade out of Gaviota in CA at about 26,000 lbs after having just turned 100,000 near Santa Barbara, had a loud bang, no power, and tons of black smoke. Pulled over and changed from aux driver to me, looked under hood at top hose on back on engine (OK), saw temp and trans temp were still normal (205 and 175 - thanks Mike L), and slowly drove it on up the road at 45 mph, 55 on flat and feathered to minimize smoke and power. Believe it or not, it climbed the grade out of San Luis Obispo with relative ease, a little black smoke, and no increase in temps, and babied it on to Salinas, where I had to wait two hours for my buyer to come pick up his parts. Put jump suit on, crawled under it, sure enough, lower hose blown off intercooler (put back on by Chev Mechanic about 7,000 miles ago when did head gaskets under warranty and pulled engine), put it back on, tightened it, tightened all others, and drove it on down the road as normal. Next day engine light went off, and put another 1,000 miles on it. In almost 400,000 miles of Duramax engines (LB7, LLY, & LBZ), I still have not had one leave me by the side of the road dead. Though I normally buy new every other year, going to keep this LBZ for at least another 300,000 miles as it just doesn't get any better, just cheaper per mile to operate.

Congrats Mike.

I'm just at 60K on mine now, hoping mine holds together once this tranny gets built...

My 06 LBZ also hit 100,00 a couple of weeks ago and celebrated it with a big bang. Climbing a grade out of Gaviota in CA at about 26,000 lbs after having just turned 100,000 near Santa Barbara, had a loud bang, no power, and tons of black smoke. Pulled over and changed from aux driver to me, looked under hood at top hose on back on engine (OK), saw temp and trans temp were still normal (205 and 175 - thanks Mike L), and slowly drove it on up the road at 45 mph, 55 on flat and feathered to minimize smoke and power. Believe it or not, it climbed the grade out of San Luis Obispo with relative ease, a little black smoke, and no increase in temps, and babied it on to Salinas, where I had to wait two hours for my buyer to come pick up his parts. Put jump suit on, crawled under it, sure enough, lower hose blown off intercooler (put back on by Chev Mechanic about 7,000 miles ago when did head gaskets under warranty and pulled engine), put it back on, tightened it, tightened all others, and drove it on down the road as normal. Next day engine light went off, and put another 1,000 miles on it. In almost 400,000 miles of Duramax engines (LB7, LLY, & LBZ), I still have not had one leave me by the side of the road dead. Though I normally buy new every other year, going to keep this LBZ for at least another 300,000 miles as it just doesn't get any better, just cheaper per mile to operate.
That says it all right there...
Your GM tech forgot to use hair spray on the boot:D

Back