• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

(08/25/09) How many times do you fuel your truck in a week?

(08/25/09) How many times do you fuel your truck in a week?

• Average less than once a week

Votes: 24 37.5%
  • Once a week

Votes: 21 32.8%
  • 2-4 times a week

Votes: 19 29.7%
  • 5 to 10 times a week

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • 11 to 15 times a week

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • More than 15 times a week

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Barry, you actually have a 26 gallon tank in your truck now. With the short beds, really got no option. I think the long beds came with a 34. I have never once put more than 21 gallons in my truck either.

Steve (rydnhi4x4) has one of those tanks but I dont think its a 52 gallon. I dont actually remember how big it is but it can be kind of a PITA because the fuel gauge wont be accurate after that. Supposedly, EFI live is the only tuning device that can recalibrate for the larger tank. I know on his that when you're reading empty, you still have 10 or 12 gallons left.

Steve (rydnhi4x4) has one of those tanks but I dont think its a 52 gallon. I dont actually remember how big it is but it can be kind of a PITA because the fuel gauge wont be accurate after that. Supposedly, EFI live is the only tuning device that can recalibrate for the larger tank. I know on his that when you're reading empty, you still have 10 or 12 gallons left.

Shoot, I have that problem with the stock tank and pickup.:eek: It is all relative until you get use to each individual tank.

I fill it when it gets down to about 25 gals, which could be as often as every other day on a trip, or every two months when I'm not doing much. Oh yea, a fill is somewhere between 110 and 120 gallons. 134 tank capacity.

Barry, you actually have a 26 gallon tank in your truck now. With the short beds, really got no option. I think the long beds came with a 34. I have never once put more than 21 gallons in my truck either.

I ended up in a long distance "pursuit" in my '05 patrol rig ECSB a few years ago. I had planned on filling up at the last gas station before heading up the 70+ miles of remote highway back home. Nooooo, instead I went flying by at 99mph code3 chasing a car. Low fuel light came on 40 miles later. Finally met up with backup from Montana HP 30 miles later who spiked the car etc etc. By the time I gassed up I put 26.8 gallons in. I think I was on the last fume judging by my gas gauge that practically fell out the door it was so empty.

Personal rig has 34 gallon. It's nice unless it's close to empty (something I usually don't let happen). I stand at the pump for a long time.

Well, I found another tank besides Titan and it's price is in the same ball park as the Titan. Ouch!! $1K+ is a pretty stiff prive to double the stock tank size but, thw convenience is the major factor and when we go out West we don't stick to the Interstate if we have other options and the time.

I guess i will have to go back to work so I get make my truck the way I want.

Back