• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

04 GMC front bumper

921500Z71

Reaction score
Ok something i have been wanting to do since i bought my truck was fix the front bumper. The previous owner had put an ugly brush guard on and drilled into the bumper to mount it. Anyway found a bumper (the chrome smiley face part) and bought it the other day. Well I take the bumper off, take the chrome piece off, and go to put the new one on. Everything is great until i go to put the bumper brackets on. The two bumpers were different and i couldnt mount the brackets to the new chrome piece.

My question is could this new bumper be from a half-ton and i bought a bumper for nothing or did gm re-engineer it later along the line say in 06 or something and all i need to do is go buy the new brackets? Sorry i dont have pics or i could show you exactly what is different between the two.

Is this for the 99 or the 04? I'm assuming the 04 right?

03-07 classic were identical but I think the half tons have a different part number but I'm not positive.

Yea 04. Pics would really help since i dont think i did a good job explaining. Im gonna stop by the dealer tomorrow to see if i can find out if its just an update on the bumper and not because of it being a half ton bumper

Back