• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

03 chevy 3500 w/allison wont move some times,has codes u1000, u1016, u1024, p0880????

Pa Outlaw

Reaction score
i have a customer with a 03 chevy 3500 w/allison wont move some times,has codes u1000, u1016, u1024, p0880, apparently it does this here and there where it wont move at all, next time you go out it moves, these are the codes they say they scanned, im going to scan with my scanner tommorrow to see if it has any thing else going on, any one have these codes togeather on thier trucks ? and what did you find? any help would be greatly appreciated,

u1000 Class 2 Communication Malfunction
u1016
Lost Communications With ECM/PCM
u1024
Lost Communications With Transmission Control Module (TCM)
p0880
TCM Power Input Signal

At this point I would be looking for an electrical problem. Make sure all the connectors in the engine compartment are secure. You might also look around for damage from unwanted critters making a home in the engine bay.

Don't suppose the TCM has been flopping around after it fell off the lame ass push pin mounting do you? ;)
Maybe that wasn't a problem on the earlier models...

Don't suppose the TCM has been flopping around after it fell off the lame ass push pin mounting do you? ;)
Maybe that wasn't a problem on the earlier models...

UMM ok where the TCM located as I am some issues with my tranny so i need to look at the obvious 1st.

Back