• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Engine RPMs revving while driving

I just pulled the fitting from the top of my IP, but it definitely does not fit the threads on the Mod Mafia part. The IP fitting can fit entirely inside the MM part without threads even touching. I have not yet tried to see if the MM part threads into the IP.
My understanding was that the MM part just went right inline without any additional parts. Is that how its supposed to be or am I supposed to have some other reducer to mate these two parts? Wondering if they sent me their part for the mechanical IP by mistake.

modmafia_and_IP.png

Furthermore, trying to thread the Mod Mafia part into the top of my IP has it so up against this cylinder that there's no way to even rotate it in. I'm getting the "I have the wrong part" vibes. Which I may be misinterpreting as "I don't know where this is actually supposed to go." Looking for confirmation of either of those...
Thanks.
top_down.png

Mod Mafia claims they sent me the correct part for my truck, but they're checking with their techs to see what issues they've had with the 6.5. This is definitely not the right part for my truck.

Does anyone have photos of this Mod Mafia fitting installed on a Hummer?

@mhixson the fitting treads on this part is called a #4 male boss o-ring fitting. go to your local Napa or hydraulic shop and ask for a male #4 boss to male -6 an fitting to attach the MM fitting to the IP. this will leave you with the male end if the MM fitting sticking up. this is where you will need a 90 degree female -6 an to 5/16" hose barb to connect to the fuel hose coming from the FFM. This is where most install the "feed the beast mod" which is a modified FFM that uses 3/8" hoses instead of the 5/16".

BTW -6 an is the same thing as #6 JIC. it's a 3/8" 37 degree flare fitting used in hydraulics. it all depends on what folks want to call it. :)

this is the male #4 o-ring boss
1715724839610.png

Back