• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Where to Buy the 3157 bulb sockets for the 99-02 GMC front parking lights/turnSignals

Pepperidge

Member Advocate
Reaction score
mine are all crispy and the rubber gaskets are all broken into pieces...

I need all four

GMparts direct catalog doesn't even list that item...just the housing

Would these work?

Link

$%28KGrHqV,%21h8E8RW4%21m%21DBPN,7ke2Cw%7E%7E60_12.JPG

are most all the same 3 prong twist ins

Since you have a 99-02, the ones from the HELP! Section at your Local Auto Parts Store will Work. Or wherever they have Bulb Sockets.

You can even do what I Wanted to, and Delete the DRL, so you can have 2 Running / Turn Signals like the OBS Trucks have.

'03+ GM Uses their own Socket and the Tabs on a Conventional 315x Socket won't Fit the GM Housing.

Paul, I would try the local auto parts stores. I know NAPA, autozone and pepboys around here have them....

Since you have a 99-02, the ones from the HELP! Section at your Local Auto Parts Store will Work. Or wherever they have Bulb Sockets.

You can even do what I Wanted to, and Delete the DRL, so you can have 2 Running / Turn Signals like the OBS Trucks have.

'03+ GM Uses their own Socket and the Tabs on a Conventional 315x Socket won't Fit the GM Housing.

I have an 01 but my stock 01 marker/turn signal/DRL's lens housing worked with the 03 up grill...those GMC marker light housings are all the same as far as I know...

Napa wants $38 ea....f that...

the DRL socket from amazon is $12ea.

and the ebay sockets are like $20 for a pair...

I have an 01 but my stock 01 marker/turn signal/DRL's lens housing worked with the 03 up grill those marker light housings are all the same as far as I know...

Oh yea, I keep forgetting you have a GMC and not a Chevy. Maybe your Sockets Stayed the same and the Chevy's Changed.

I know I did the 2 Lamp Conversion on an old Friends '01 Chevy. Then I went to do it to Mine and the Sockets / Tab Positions are Different.

I'll have to pull mine in the a.m.

DRL socket GM is LS94 and is 2 wires...the turn/park I'm not sure on...if it's 3 wires, I'll have to buy one to try out if the tabs match...

Yea, Turn / Park is 3 Wires.

Bring the Housing with you so you can Try it in the Store if the Socket will Fit.

Then when you get home, just Splice the 3 New Wires Into the 3 Stock ones, and you'll be Good to go.

You won't Overload the Circuit. We did the Mod to the Kids' Truck back in '04 and it's still Working Today no Problems.

Back