• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

CKO Provent 200 Oil Catch Cans

Yes but it has to have a certain amount of oil above the line fo the proper back pressure- I would expect 1.5-2” is plenty.
If you are not going to just cap the line, I would buy the valve.
I wasn’t aware that outfit was selling the unit without one. CKO, probably shouldn’t be surprised I guess.

When this turbo oil drain kit from QuadStar is back in stock, I buying two:

https://quadstartuning.com/products/ultimate-turbo-oil-drain-kit

**2023 UPDATED BILLET ALUMINUM BASE PLATE WITH DRAIN BACK PORT FOR CATCH CAN, BYPASS OIL FILTER OR OIL CENTRIFUGE***

This ^^^ is exactly what I’m looking for. Solves the leak problem and gives me a drain back solution for the ProVent catch can. I already ordered the Mann Hummel valve for this install.

Will the catch can on a 6.5 result in greater crank case pressure and thus more oil leaks?

I saw this on YT. the thing is that if the filter cloggs and there is no bypass valve or the valve is not working properly like in a knock-off one like mine, yes it can result is higher pressure. I don't remember how this guy connected the tubing from the provent, but if you just connect to the intake tubing before the throttle body without a turbo it will also cause increased cc pressure because there is nothing sucking. Without a turbo it has to be connected like a pcv valve and receive vacuum from the intake.

I saw this on YT. the thing is that if the filter cloggs and there is no bypass valve or the valve is not working properly like in a knock-off one like mine, yes it can result is higher pressure. I don't remember how this guy connected the tubing from the provent, but if you just connect to the intake tubing before the throttle body without a turbo it will also cause increased cc pressure because there is nothing sucking. Without a turbo it has to be connected like a pcv valve and receive vacuum from the intake.
Yeah I figured before the turbo and no EGR on my vehicles eliminates all the internet complaints on the catch can.

Back