• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Changing EFI Fuel Injectors

Here's the latest : A good mechanic I know said to call - Premco in Lampasas, Texas
www.dieselparts.com
Family owned and been in business for 50 yr. Sounds like a possibility. Probably drive there and visit the shop...and get a feel for things.
Don't know if any of you know them or used them for fuel injector service?

Update Fellows: After speaking to the Bosch Dealer close to home-Premco in Lampasas, Texas....(www.dieselparts.com )... He was more interested in selling me new injectors and then would charge me another $120.00 to check the flow rate.......nice person - sounded like a good place - but I lost interest in this place...so that shop is out.

April 26 a man (who had the same motorhome as mine ) told me about a shop that he used and was very pleased with their work.

https://oregonfuelinjection.com/

I called them and they had rebuilt ones in stock to send out right away. Then I asked Mark if they would rebuild my injectors and they said no problem. I also asked about the flow rate and Mark said it would be within 2% of the correct Bosch spec's. It would take about a week and a half. I sent them the injectors yesterday.

Will get back to you later!

Bosch’s spec is like measuring with a yard stick and we are saying within 25psi lowest to highest which is like using a 1” range.

Stock Bosch, stanndyne, etc. are all to the GM spec. Which is + or - 250 psi.
So if the spec says 2,250, you can have some at 2,000 and some at 2,500. Will it run? Yup. And some people have 15% more power and 20% more mpg than others and wonder why. Because even “in spec” the cylinders are fighting each other. Think of riding a bicycle and having one leg in shape while the other has a twisted ankle and sore muscles. Now go race it or try pedaling up a hill.

Pay the money and if you don’t know the shop, pay extra to see video to see it or watch in person. Imo.

Back