• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Wonder where my headlight relay is hiding...

Danish Farmer

Reaction score
From reading posts in here I understand that the headlight relay is to be found on the grey under dash panel to the left of the brake pedal.:thumbsup:

Well.. My truck does not have one, :hihi: only a retrofitted drivers light relay is found dangling down there, getting its power-signal from a plug in the grey panel- and the rest of its wires seems to be coming from the ignition area and light switch area too.

Question: My driver lights work perfect and comes on when key is on, but now my normal head-lights (step two on the light switch) stopped working. Only parking light and dash light comes on when i turn the switch.
I hear no click any where, and the big red fuse in the engine fuse compartment saying (Lights) is good. Cleaned it with no luck.
The small fuses on the left side of the dash are all ok too.

Where could the strange relay be ? (Former owner did the driver lights relay)

Regards, the gye with a dark invisible dashboard :cool:

Try to find a blown fuse first regardless of the label.

IIRC, you need to check the cigarette lighter fuse for dashboard light???

I can be wrong. Or the dash light fuse is combined with other fuse.

Oh, to correct my self, the dash light DOES work as it should when I turn the light switch. But when I need headlights in front of her, I have to use normal driving lights, (Step 0 on the switch) wich means no dash lights. Sorry

Back