• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

WIF Sensor wire broken

btfarm

America First!
Reaction score
Change my FF today and noticed the blue wire is broken off at the sensor. Looks like it's been that way for awhile. I guess no codes are going to set. Besides, I do believe the WIF sensor on the DMax is about as worthless as can be. Then again, maybe I'll see a code thrown tomorrow. Doubt it though...

Mike, you will not see a code. I no longer have a WIF and the mating connector just hangs there. The reason it never gives a code after being damaged or disconnected is because it's a normally open circuit, and it won't set any codes until the circuit is closed. Once the leads are broken, or cut, it can never close the circuit, hence - no status set codes.

Bill ,what did you use to put in it's place??

John, I installed the Nicktane Billet Aluminum OEM Filter Adapter with CAT 2-micron filter. The use of the WIF sensor is no longer used with this set up.

There is also a plug made that takes the place of the WIF sensor in a normal fuel filter.

You will be fine with water in fuel. Your engine will go into limp mode when water plugs the filter and you will notice that before the *unprintable* GM system bothers to tell you. Been there limped that...

You will be fine with water in fuel. Your engine will go into limp mode when water plugs the filter and you will notice that before the *unprintable* GM system bothers to tell you. Been there limped that...

As I said in the 1st post:
" I guess no codes are going to set. Besides, I do believe the WIF sensor on the DMax is about as worthless as can be."

Tits on a bull is more appropriate...

Back