• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Wheres all the BB guys?

Ive done stupider things--- 'tug a trucks' is the main reason I'm on my second trans ):h

big block 88 is one here somewhere....

I had a 93 K3500 w/a 454 and NV4500. Sold it after I got the 05. I still have the trust rusty 76 GMC 3/4 ton w/a 454/400 combo.:thumbsup:

I have a 489 in a 86 GMC 4x4 with 12.5 -1 and solid roller cam,it easily revs to 8000 rpms.

I'm finally getting the 3 598'' motors in my boat,got the first one in today only took 3 guys 2 hrs ,,now 2 to go,then 3 sets of headers to go and wiring,then I'm done

I've got a Tonawanda 454 in a 91 C2500 X/C Long box. Nice truck. LOVES gas stations...

because its 42' and weighs 12,500lbs and goes 100+

Attachments

• revolution_1.jpg
    revolution_1.jpg
    4.5 KB · Views: 62
  • revolution_3.jpg
    revolution_3.jpg
    4 KB · Views: 62
  • revolution_2.jpg
    revolution_2.jpg
    3.9 KB · Views: 62
because its 42' and weighs 12,500lbs and goes 100+

And it takes a lot more power to go 100+ on water than land.

454 Big block Chevy in my jet boat. Just parted with it. Would hit the rev limiter then start moving. Defined violent acceleration where you left your thoughts behind... Not that the open headers would have let you hear yourself think anyway.

you can put a 1/4'' stroke in it ,you'll get 496'' ,just don't put an ''RV'' cam in it,, try a LS6-LS7-L88 cam with the bigger cube's you can get away with these cams,, Ive built 496 strokers for the trucks to haul these big boats around for years ,with a good set of aluminum heads you can get 450-500hp and a ton of torque ,and still get ok fuel mileage-if you can keep the revs down,,try to find a 4L80 [but try to get one with -out the electronics of the 4L80E,because you will need a computer to run it][its really a turbo 400 w/overdrive] tranny,out of a 1 ton truck or van,

whats wrong with the rv style cam? build would be aiming for low-mid range power, towing as well as offroading, and if i can get up to 15mpg that would be great. fuel economy is 11-12mpg normal driving before the carb needed to be rebuilt, 35x15" tires with stock gearing and a th400.

i'll start up a thread on it when i get back to the states and begin the build, dont want to thread jack.

Back