• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

What size are the rear brakes supposed to be on a 1995 6.5 diesel Tahoe? I had my rea

jrsavoie

Recruit
Reaction score
What size are the rear brakes supposed to be on a 1995 6.5 diesel Tahoe?
I had my rear end replaced and I thought I had 11" rear brakes, now I have 10"

Would anybody consider this an issue?

Is there a better easy way to go? Best place for parts for this?

Or go with something from http://brakeperformance.com

Wheel cylinder went out and everything needs to be changed anyway.

Pretty sure My 14 bolt sf is 11"
Im looking to buy the 14 bolt sf 13x2.5" brakes for mine. Actually started a thead on it the other day.

Thats what I was wondering my 95 has 11" brakes and SF 14 bolt. Sure they didn't install the wrong rear end and down grade you?

I was wondering that myself. I was very busy at the time it was done. Otherwise I would have done it myself.

I was told that you had to use a rear end made for a 2 door Tahoe or do some cutting and Welding. At the time I had a different rear I wanted to look into using. Out of a K2500

Do they have 6 lug 13x2.5's?
Yes, but they seem to be rare. Shoes are available from FLAPS.
I was wondering that myself. I was very busy at the time it was done. Otherwise I would have done it myself.

I was told that you had to use a rear end made for a 2 door Tahoe or do some cutting and Welding. At the time I had a different rear I wanted to look into using. Out of a K2500

AFAIK you could put any axle from any GMT400 88-00 in it. Only thing might be Ujoints could be different.
My six lug (in burb) came from a 4x4 truck

Yes, but they seem to be rare. Shoes are available from FLAPS.

AFAIK you could put any axle from any GMT400 88-00 in it. Only thing might be Ujoints could be different.
My six lug (in burb) came from a 4x4 truck

The 6 lug trucks came with u joints that used an internal snap ring to hold them on whereas the 2500's used a standard external snap ring(1350 series). The spring perches can also be at different locations for some as well.

Pretty sure My 14 bolt sf is 11"
Im looking to buy the 14 bolt sf 13x2.5" brakes for mine. Actually started a thead on it the other day.

The 10 bolt came with 10" brakes on the standard cab short beds, some standard cab long beds, and the TAHOES from what I have seen. The 11" brakes came on some standard cab long beds(mostly 4X4's), ext cab trucks, and BURBS. I have seen the 13X2.5 6 lug brakes on 2500 6 lug 350 gas trucks as my uncle has one. The 13" drums BARELY fit inside the stock 16" alloy wheels.

Thats what I was wondering my 95 has 11" brakes and SF 14 bolt. Sure they didnt install the wrong rear end and down grade you?

That's a pickup if it is the one in your sig, the TAHOES got the 10 bolt.

Back