• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

wet under carpet

treegump

Romans 3:22-24
Reaction score
I did a quick search (but between work and searching for more info on a 64 C20 4x4 I'm kind of busy, haha) - for articles on it being wet under the carpet. Is there a way to fix this besides tearing everything out? It's been wet since I bought the truck... Any suggestions? I suppose I could cut it out and "rhino" line it.

Any leaks when its raining that you have noticed? (guessing not or you wouldn't be posting:eek: )
IIRC most of my Chevys have been damp under there, but I always get in with wet boots and Im sure it just lays under there. I know my 87 was bad and my 89..

yea, and i know that rust typically forms under carpet first. This ain't no cadillac - so I'm thinking that tearing out all the carpet may be in order if its wet everywhere...and just painting or coating it afterwards

Undercoat everything real good and put it back down, check for rust every so often. Carpet keeps the road noise down. I did pull everything out of a K5 I had, wasnt that bad :)

oh yea...forgot about road noise, haha. Maybe I'll add a little more insulation:) or new insulation for that matter.

Check rear window they have a bad habit of coming unglued. Check your firewall grommets for the pedals and cables.

This wouldn't get water into the DS floor but there is 1 screw in the plastic cowl cover that penetrates into the cab. It needs a dab of silicone.

Back