• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

We are building a house!

Rockabillyrat

SlIgHtLy StUpId.
Reaction score
Last week we closed on a nice piece of property about 20 min north from where we are now. It's a nice 3.5 acres that we plan to build a small A frame on with a big garage for me and all my stuff. Im finally going good get the shop I've always wanted! Right now the plan is a 60x40 and I might add on a small 2 car garage for the wife to park in if we have the money. If not that can always be added on later down the road. We found a house we like but I will probably source materials locally and cut down the square footage since its only my wife and I plus a few animals. We plan to tuck the house in the woods where there is a big drop off to a creek. And put the shop out front in the field. Our plan is to build in 2025 that should give us time to figure everything out and save up a little more for the construction loan. Beyond exciting for this. But my wallet isn't 🤣

Screenshot_20240124-111028_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20240124-111746_Chrome.jpg

Last week we closed on a nice piece of property about 20 min north from where we are now. It's a nice 3.5 acres that we plan to build a small A frame on with a big garage for me and all my stuff. Im finally going good get the shop I've always wanted! Right now the plan is a 60x40 and I might add on a small 2 car garage for the wife to park in if we have the money. If not that can always be added on later down the road. We found a house we like but I will probably source materials locally and cut down the square footage since its only my wife and I plus a few animals. We plan to tuck the house in the woods where there is a big drop off to a creek. And put the shop out front in the field. Our plan is to build in 2025 that should give us time to figure everything out and save up a little more for the construction loan. Beyond exciting for this. But my wallet isn't 🤣

View attachment 85964

View attachment 85965

Congrats to you and the wife. Sounds like you are planning things out and that's major. Build the way you want it and do it right from the beginning one and done. Without a doubt the process will be stressful and might make you a little ill at times.

We started a house in 2013 and moved in it right before Christmas in 2014, wow how time flys, can't believe we've been in it 9 years. At times I was ill as a hornet, contractors held us up a bunch, especially the brick masons. We still need to do some landscaping, but that can wait a while, gotta save up some money for that.

You were talking about building in the woods. Shade from trees is nice, but I wouldn't have any trees close enough that could fall on the house, that's just me.

Back