• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

water pump replacment

hotrod0872

Reaction score
do you have to remove the timing cover to replace waterpump?
got upgraded pump and dual tsat crossover,dmax 9blade metal fan and clutch i need to put on this weekend!
thanks for the help!!

Yes. It's no big deal but most WP's do not come with the gasket so buy it. You are not removing the entire timgin cover, just a plate on the upper half that will come off with the water pump as a few of the bolts for the WP go in from the backside of it.

Be sure to clean that radiator, and the AC condensor needs it badly too! Holy Moses that rig of yours is going to fly!

Once you have the pump off and the back plate removed and clean, be sure to use a little BLUE loctite on the bolts that go through the plate and into the pump.

If one of the inner bolts falls out and drops into the timing chain/gears its UGLY

Use either silicone or Hightack on the threads of any bolts that go through the front of the block into water.

Good luck

Missy

thanks for the info!got it all done in less than 2hrs not a bad job at all!
even moved pump and ran tdco learn and got -1.81
it runs like a beast now!:D

Once you have the pump off and the back plate removed and clean, be sure to use a little BLUE loctite on the bolts that go through the plate and into the pump.

If one of the inner bolts falls out and drops into the timing chain/gears its UGLY

Use either silicone or Hightack on the threads of any bolts that go through the front of the block into water.

Good luck

Missy

That is a good idea..wish I would have thought of it when I did mine...:eek:

Back