• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Water In Diesel

JEBar

Reaction score
while coming through OK City on the way home from out trip out west, we fueled up and ended up with some water in our diesel tanks .... our truck has 2 50 gallon tanks .... since then I've drained the water seprater bulb many, many times and at most have found only trace amounts of water ... I've poured in more treatment that is supposed to help get rid of the water than I care of remember ... any suggestions on treatments that work or any other tips on getting rid of the water would be appreciated

Jim

Dumping the fuel is out of the question because that's about your only choice besides additives. I would just run some FPPF Total Power additive that is a good emulsifier and work through it.

Sorry that happened to ya. Real bummer

Dumping the fuel is out of the question because that's about your only choice besides additives. I would just run some FPPF Total Power additive that is a good emulsifier and work through it.

Sorry that happened to ya. Real bummer

kind comments appreciated ... I've been using FPPF since day one and completely agree with your assessment .... unfortunately, I think I picked up toooooo much water this time .... plan to go to West Marine on Monday ... I understand they have some very good additive designed to take water our of Marine Diesels .... if they do, I can't see any reason not to use it in our truck

Jim

update

following he advice of an independent diesel mechanic who I trust and who works on my trucks, I went to a marine store today and picked up some treatment designed to remove water from boat diesel fuel tanks .... tomorrow morning we leave on towing a camper from central NC to Myrtle Beach, SC to leave down there .... my hope it running the additive over that distance will help cure the problem

Jim

Back