• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Vane Position Sensor

mc0861

Reaction score
I just replaced the VPS on my durimax diesel, 2006. The dealer check it for my and indicated that my trouble code said I needed to replace this. I did today myself and it was pretty easy, but, the check engine light is still on. Do I need to re-set this? I also bought a solinoid that goes right beside the vps sensor. It also was a few hundred dollars. I guess I'll try that next if nothing else works. Any advice from anyone??

Last edited by a moderator:
We have a couple of Vane Position Sensor threads going right now. IIRC you need to have the new one calibrated after installing it...dealer thing, doesn't take much.

Welcome!

Thanks, This sight is so cool. I learn alot and its so much better than going to the dealer. What a life saver. I hope I can only return the favor. Well I changed the VPS. Then put the revtech II to it. The next day the check engine light came back on. So now Im changing the selinoid. One bolt yes but does it slide out? Man I cant get no tools on the bolt and there seems like a oil line to the turbo is in the way. Am I doing something wrong? Does this effect oil pressure? T

You have to take the banjo bolt out of the oil line on top of the turbo. There's enough slack to pull it out of the way once you get it un-bolted. Be careful not to drop the copper washers from the banjo fitting.

Yes, the solenoid simply slides out once you get the bracket off (and unplug it)

Thanks Saratoga, I did that, replaced the new solenoid and the copper washer. Bought a new one from the GM Dealer $7.30 for a washer.. lol. Anyway took it to the GM Dealer and the guy come out and put the Tech II to it. An hour later the ck engine light came back on. He had to go back in and only spent a few minutes. Doesnt it take at least 10 minutes to reprogram this with the revtech II?

Back