• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Vac Pump Delete

Worked good for me. loosened up quite a bit.

How far is it too small?

I put mine on and off right at the tensioner.

With everything as tight as I can get it I can't get it to go over the tensioner. Lacks about a 1/4 of an inch of the pulley diameter.

I have a 2 3/8ths alternator pulley, wonder if thats the difference.

It did loosen up quite a bit after use, Perhaps leave it in the engine bay of another car to get it nice and hot? Or just get a 100...

My tensioner moved quite4 a bit from where it was ... i mean alot. it stretched out good. I made a mark when i installed it where the arrow was pointed too.

I'm on my way back to town to get a different belt. Another diff could be you don't have ac maybe that pulley is slightly different.

The dual alt trucks have a bigger dia pulley on the belt tensioner. I run one on mine.

my 99.5 was VERY difficult to put on, but with 100" belt was stretched too loose in a week and was squealing, the 99.5" rides perfectly now in the middle of the tensioners wear indicator, where the 100" was when 1st put on

Well I'm back and my 100" seems to be just right. I wonder if some of the differnce is in the belt manufactures. Tolerances might be different from brand to brand.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 24
Well I'm back and my 100" seems to be just right. I wonder if some of the differnce is in the belt manufactures. Tolerances might be different from brand to brand.

You wont believe where that arrow will be in a month from now. I'm glad you took the pic. I marked mine with a sharpie the 2nd I put it on. Its inches away now.

You wont believe where that arrow will be in a month from now. I'm glad you took the pic. I marked mine with a sharpie the 2nd I put it on. Its inches away now.

What he says. It even took less than a month fo me before I saw the 100" almost loose...

Now, this is how it s with my 99", till several months :DSC02610.jpg

But I think the 99.5" would have been the best. My serpentine pulley (aka harmonc balancer is completely destroyed, I suspect the 99" was too tight.

Any knows the part # for the 99.5" and where to find it (international shipping),I must buy a spare one ...

What he says. It even took less than a month fo me before I saw the 100" almost loose...

Now, this is how it s with my 99", till several months :View attachment 6984

But I think the 99.5" would have been the best. My serpentine pulley (aka harmonc balancer is completely destroyed, I suspect the 99" was too tight.

Any knows the part # for the 99.5" and where to find it (international shipping),I must buy a spare one ...

Hey Al, if you can wait until I ship your other parts I can throw the belt in the box also. I don't get any special price on it. I did find it (Gates Brand) for $40. Thats my cost on it. Since you have bought from me before and are making a new order I don't mind doing that.
Leroy

I physically couldn't put on the 991/2. My 100 went on pretty easy and has already moved about 1" on the tensioner.

metric p/n 6PK2525, or 995K6, Dayco p/n 5060995, Goodyear 4060995, Duralast 5060995, used on some Mercedes, Ford trucks-vans-mustangs, 96-00 Savana & Express 7.4L, Isuzu ebay has them under 5060995 Dayco p/n

metric p/n 6PK2525, or 995K6, Dayco p/n 5060995, Goodyear 4060995, Duralast 5060995, used on some Mercedes, Ford trucks-vans-mustangs, 96-00 Savana & Express 7.4L, Isuzu ebay has them under 5060995 Dayco p/n

Thanks Tim :thumbsup:

Hey Al, if you can wait until I ship your other parts I can throw the belt in the box also. I don't get any special price on it. I did find it (Gates Brand) for $40. Thats my cost on it. Since you have bought from me before and are making a new order I don't mind doing that.
Leroy
Yes please, do that Leroy, that's very kind of you ;) Appreciate the help a lot. Some stuff are really not easy to find for us, pacific islanders....

So I can tell all my buddies 'I run a Mercedes Belt'...

Wait a minute, thats you guys... :)

Back