• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Using AC - dripping inside

Ozzie

Snow looming...run!!
Reaction score
It's warm here now...started using the air. The air works great - frostbite will ensue if left on high...

But...a long ride home from last weekend left my flooring wet right under the ductwork by the tranny hump. I've been watching it trying to figure it out.
Please don't tell me it's some evaporator and only the shop can fix it for big bucks...

Any ideas??

I saw it dripping like mad outside on the trip up. I didn't check it again once the floor got wet, but this would be a sudden turn of events.
I'll be sure to look again. I think the inside duct has water in it now (I can hear it) and I need to evacuate it.

I'm gonna have to locate that little bugger...if it isn't visibly plugged, maybe I can shoot some air through it.
It's getting dark outside now, so maybe tomorrow.

It's a rubber 90* elbow deal sticking out of the firewall directly underneath the AC accumulator (big silver can on the pass side). If you take the fender liner out it's in plain sight.

I was afraid you'd say that...I just looked underneath with a flashlight and couldn't get at it. At least now I know what to look for...thanks!

same thing happened to my impala a few years ago. The little elbow was full of road grime. Cleaned it out and cut the end off so it had a bigger hole, problem solved.

Can I pull that elbow out, clean it, and put it back in??

I'm home from work early today and going out to take care of it.

Well I feel stupid...I pulled the liner back and felt metal under the elbow - pulled it off and water came pouring out. It was a spider nest...I'm betting he wasn't real happy with his selection...

...so now all I need is a new front bumper (someone ran into me while parked), and a new windshield (took a rock from a truck on the highway)...that's my three - I should be good for a while now...

Back