• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Usin Water ?

Butch

Reaction score
Anybody got any ideas on why my truck is usin water periodically.Im in southern Texas & our heat index gets to around 108 at times & even hotter at times.Have no leaks whatsoever & no water in oil or fuel.Looked the engine over good & no indication of a leak anywere.Someone told me its the heat hear thats doing it.They said its called evaporation from the high heat here.Sometimes I can go a long time without adding & othertimes a short spam.Never the same usage from time to time.I used to live up in Wisc. & my cars never used water up there like here in Texas.I am using the GM antifreez for the truck,its a 50/50 mix.Also thought maybe I blew a headgasket but thats a no,no.no headgasket,phew,well,anyway thats were I stand with it.Any other ideas you have might help me pinpoint it that I mighta overlooked.Also no water coming out of the exhaust either.Nice & dry.:)

Move back to Wisconsin.

I doubt it would really be boiling off that much but i wouldnt know the exact answer.

But your positive you cant smell maple syrup anywhere??

or 02 has a leak somewhere, cant find it but we can smell it.

With everything you listed up above I guess it reallys leaves you with no other choice than too believe it does evaporate. After all the air in texas is pretty dry.

Antifreez ?

Move back to Wisconsin.

I doubt it would really be boiling off that much but i wouldnt know the exact answer.

But your positive you cant smell maple syrup anywhere??

or 02 has a leak somewhere, cant find it but we can smell it.

With everything you listed up above I guess it reallys leaves you with no other choice than too believe it does evaporate. After all the air in texas is pretty dry.
Hi,No leaks,no nothing anywere.When it sits it dos,nt move at all,the water level.Were Im located its very hot & humid here all the time,Im in the Rio Grande Valley,most southern part of Texas.Have seen the heat index here close to 115.Most of the time in the summer it wont drop below the 80,s at night & in the low 100,s during the day.Were 12 miles from the Mexican Border,Renosa,Mex.Matamorus,Mex.Nuevo Mexico.Sometimes it takes a couple of weeks to go down & sometimes a month or more,this time it lasted about 2 months.Im gonna check with other guys down here to see if theres does it.Thanks for the comeback.:)

Back