• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

urea ?

dont even start on this subject........:mad2::mad5::aargh4::swordfight::cussing::angryfire::rocketwhore:

I don't even like the sound of that word. I hate to say it but that is probably one reason I would not buy a new diesel truck. Having to fuel up with high priced diesel fuel is bad enough, but to fill up with some high tech pee or liquid and pay for it would suck. All of that to have ultra clean emissions to save us from global warming. I know we need some type of control on emissions but its getting kind of extreme. Another reason for me to take care of my 06 truck and drive it until the wheels fall off.

The Urea tank would need filling about once every 5k miles, or about every oil change. It's going to be like $8 a gallon. It's all part of Nobama's emissions crap. They want better emissions, and better mileage, but all this emissions crap is doing is pushing mileage down. It's a real Catch-22.

The Urea tank would need filling about once every 5k miles, or about every oil change. It's going to be like $8 a gallon. It's all part of Nobama's emissions crap. They want better emissions, and better mileage, but all this emissions crap is doing is pushing mileage down. It's a real Catch-22.

I think I posted the price of UREA. Not $8.00 Gal, more like 2.50--3.50.

yes 2.50 ,but how about the guys that really use these trucks for a living and go 100,000 miles a years,,there has to be a way around it

It might take 10 gallons, so that's $25 every oil change. Just gotta deal with some things. GM can't change what the EPA wants, they have to deal with it as well. I'm sure there'll be a delete for it, but it isn't going to affect performance either way, just emissions. Whining isn't going to do anything about it. I know you don't like it, but they can't change it.

Another reason for me to take care of my 06 truck and drive it until the wheels fall off.

Well, I say that already since big blocks are no longer available. :mad2:

My '05 8.1 is getting the same mpg as my '09 6.0 work truck.....except I get the massive increase in power in the '05 beast.

You can't tell me the '09 isn't getting "emissioned" so much it's killing the mpg.

Back